east texas deer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlhill View Post
    I saw maybe 5 deer all season long in Smith Co. Had a few day time pictures on trail camera but 95% were at night.
    I live in Smith Co. and hunt in Rusk Co.its been tough. I hunted this morning and had 12 does- yearlings come to eat corn. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360448777.770761.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	24169367
    This green stuff was not planted!

Comment

Shot this buck in Anderson County on Black Friday.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
        Shot this buck in Anderson County on Black Friday.
        You mean you actually elected to go hunting and shoot that incredible buck instead of getting trampled at your local shopping outlet??

Comment

First year on lease in Cass county, and didn't get on lease until September. That being said, we rushed to find what areas we could hunt and set up quick. October was slow probably due to all the ruckus we made in September. Started getting lots of pics of deer late october but mostly doe and small racked bucks. Rut was the week of Thanksgiving and we started getting lots of big buck pics. I managed an 8 point that had been on my camera earlier that week and made a mistake chasing a doe. After Thanksgiving weekend, back to doe and baby bucks. Lots of potential on this lease. Protein feeders going up tomorrow!!

Comment

No deer for us this year but some set fire to the place and they were logging next door.

Comment

I took 2 off the national forest this year. Also saw many more deer than ever before, but I didn't hunt anywhere near a feeder.

Comment

I'm on a 500 ac lease in Hardin county that is very lightly hunted because it is a secondary lease. I keep 8-10 cams running year round mostly on trails and I would say that 80% or more pics are at night.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                  8pointer... Where did you shoot that buck? I swear I got him on camera last year lol
                  East Texas man, I shot that buck at our lease between Lovelady & Crockett. It's a family lease that we have had for going on 27 years now.

Comment

Saw lots of does and small bucks in western part of Houston county, 2 nice bucks killed on the place I hunt. Too many acorns and green stuff.

Comment

I got 2 this past season, but I mostly focusing on my grandson hunting, however the spot I normally hunt was overrun by hogs

Comment

Season started slow for us on the trinity river in anderson county. There were no acorns at all in the bottom land and all the game moved to the hills but latter returned after the acorns were gone and brought the pigs with them. I got lucky and took this 20 point the first week of season.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361806742.594198.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	24174524

Comment

Originally posted by Garzilla View Post
                          Season started slow for us on the trinity river in anderson county. There were no acorns at all in the bottom land and all the game moved to the hills but latter returned after the acorns were gone and brought the pigs with them. I got lucky and took this 20 point the first week of season.
                          [ATTACH]461837[/ATTACH]
                          That is an awesome deer! Where do you hunt? We used to hunt along Trinity near Tennessee Colony when I was younger. Loved that place.

Comment

Our ranch is between cofield prison and biglake behind where u use to hunt.

Comment

West texas

ACORNS. We seen next to nothing about mid October. I was blessed to take a good eight point with my bow but with all the acorns around us it was way slow. Now they are all over the feeders again.

Comment

I set 3 hours Tuesday evening until dark and only saw feathers. Look at all the green, by the tree line is a fertilized food plot. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361969891.664310.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	24174876

Comment

Working...
                                X