No announcement yet.

Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised honestly that THIS is the story that says an airline acted poorly. On my flight to and from China on American Airlines, I was embarassed as an American how the flight attendants treated the Chinese passengers. Never saw that kind of totally unhidden disdain to do your job (given its a service position) specifically with certain customers. It wasn't like it was the same flight attendants either, just both sets were incredibly rude to the Chinese passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
      Lol no lawyer...just knowledgeable in what i engage in..you know...what grown *** adults should be.

To my knowledge...they do not...i know there is some documentation that suggests they do...but when bumped...i (nor any peers/employees i know of) in 20 yrs of business travel have EVER been provided documentation, asked to sign documentation or anything else besides being verbally informed; the exception would be years ago accepting written vouchers for flights, meals, hotels, change of carrier, etc (pre-electronic voucher days)..course...never threw a tantrum either as most i know are informed of the risk they take...before they take it

In some instances the overbooking was never "caught" until a passenger is seated & another passenger shows up with a boarding pass for the exact same seat or a passenger has a boarding pass for a seat that doesn't exist...as i said previously...this ususally occurs when assets are swapped out b/c of maintenance issues shortly before flight time & the alternative asset has a different seat configuration than the "planned" asset that seats were sold on/for

practical fact is...because of the contractual language one agrees to when purchasing a flight...the only real recourse/oppty one has for compensation is maintenace related issues...weather, air traffic, critters on the runway, ice, et.al...you're SOL & it's simply the joys of air travel
      well just because they dont doesnt mean they dont have the legal obligation. Just because you have traveled for 20 years mean you are right. And...heres the proof
      Involuntary Bumping

DOT requires each airline to give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn't. Those travelers who don't get to fly are frequently entitled to denied boarding compensation in the form of a check or cash. The amount depends on the price of their ticket and the length of the delay:
      A Consumer Guide to Air Travel CONTENTS Air Fares Schedules and Tickets Delayed and Canceled Flights Overbooki

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
        Lol yeah & living in glass houses...principaled in deer lease &_____ethics...but a grown *** man throws a tantrum because he feels like it & is in violation of a contract he entered into freely & they burn up a keyboard in his defense....any wagers on when we'll see the 1st go fund me link these guys create for'm?
        You should probably avoid wagers... your track record is not very good.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRan
          You prolly oughta read slower/closer, but you're welcomed/encouraged to show me specifcs where i have been on this. Who the hell can know a $ for certain besides UAL...you & other talking heads? How in the hell could you/they possibly know? Good gravy charlie brown

Sure, you are probably right. Peanuts probably increased in price so much in this last week that it cost united $1 billion.

Wait, no, I bought peanuts at the store the other day they weren't anymore expensive.

The billion dollars must've been because some dude was dragged off the plane.

Most of us don't need United to tell us where these losses are coming from, lol

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            Only time will tell what really happened. I am sure the other passengers are not allowed to say anything at this point on what they saw except to law enforcement.

Lol, Who is going to stop them?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Airline protocol and civil liberties have absolutely nothing to do with each other. The constitution mentions nothing about the right to fly. Nice try though.

So it's a states right ? Lol...

The feds are pushing their way around in the world of aviation when the Constitution doesn't even mention it [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Comment

Some of those Meme's had me in tears. Voted #1 is Chinese take-out was a hoot.

Comment

Passenger forcible removed from flight

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  Here is the timeline in the news and that the majority of people state to include the airlines not disputing.

"Many passengers" not sure where you are getting this from.

Thank God for Twitter & cell phones.

They give the people power

Comment

Man I would of made the people removing him work for it. Go ragdoll with all 300 pounds of me haha. Their overbooking is crap in my opinion. Personally I don't fly anymore due to all the horse crap you have to jump through after 9/11. I flew one time and I had to take off my belt and shoes which just seemed dumb as heck. Now with xrays or pat downs they can kiss my azz. I'll drive if at all possible!

Mark my words though, United will pay big time for this though in numerous ways.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr
                      I can't believe this thread is still going....
                      The story keeps unfolding...

CEO admitted fault...now the airline is refunding all the passengers airfare. Now theres a new video of the guy talking on the phone to the airline trying to figure out why hes being removed (which is supposed to be in writing legally) and they yank him out.

Best part is, he threatens to sue them if they trying to physically remove him...guess what....now he is

oh, and I dont know why but that elitist attitude from RodinaRanc is annoying and I love when he gets proved wrong.
                      Last edited by 8mpg; 04-13-2017, 05:38 AM.

Comment

I still don't see how it's legal to change their prices from one minute to the next. I deal with contractors and no one would ever get away with that type of business model.

They are just too big for their britches. Whadarugonnado...

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                          I still don't see how it's legal to change their prices from one minute to the next. I deal with contractors and no one would ever get away with that type of business model.

They are just too big for their britches. Whadarugonnado...
                          That's the free market. Don't like it don't fly. It's that simple

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                            well just because they dont doesnt mean they dont have the legal obligation. Just because you have traveled for 20 years mean you are right. And...heres the proof

https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/fly-rights
                            You missed the part where i said there is documentation but i have never seen it utilized huh? Did you find someone who has been given the documentation or just the documentation itself?

Comment

Interesting development on this, now it seems that fine print 'bumping clause' doesn't apply to already boarded passengers and may have been illegally enacted. Might turn out to have been the poor guys lucky day after all. Hope 'pilots wife' husband doesn't work for UA, she may become 'unemployed pilots wife'.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U
                                This right here proves you wrong. If UAL did nothing wrong, they wouldn't accept fault.
                                That proves nothing... it's a PR move crafted by attorneys and publicists as damage control in the face of public outcry, which has NOTHING to do with contractual obligations but the whims of the Twitter-obsessed, and a lawsuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X