Why I’m leaving slicktrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    How were the blood trails with the strykers? I use to shoot those before slick trick and I never had good blood trails, it killed them quick as any other but the blood was always sparse.

Magnus is a great head and I have my first set of wicked tricks to try out. I am a little worried about the bleeder being a little too steep for good penetration but we shall see.

I always had good blood trails with the Striker, especially the mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Reminds me of the below on a LBJ Nat Grasslands thread from a few years ago. It's the shooter, not the equipment. He has not posted since.

"Went back out yesterday and set up in another area with a good pond and natural draws that funnel the deer in. Large pond so it made for a bit longer shot than I cared for hunting off the ground, but it worked. Actually everything worked out perfectly except my broadhead. 4 does at dusk, picked the biggest and after 30 min with fading light I took the one shot opportunity she presented me: 55 yards facing straight towards me. Head came up, stick her dead center of the brisket with a 100grn Grim Reaper razorcut. After the hit when she bolted I could see the last 6" of arrow and my lighted knock sticking out of her chest. Waited her out, went over to where I shot her and could not find a drop off blood anywhere. She ran up into a ticket, (thick enough I couldn't even see the lit knock). After an hour tromping through briars and thorns in the dark I gave up... first deer I've ever lost. First deer I shot that didn't bleed...guess there's a first time for everything, but this one has me tore up."

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Reminds me of the below on a LBJ Nat Grasslands thread from a few years ago. It's the shooter, not the equipment. He has not posted since.

"Went back out yesterday and set up in another area with a good pond and natural draws that funnel the deer in. Large pond so it made for a bit longer shot than I cared for hunting off the ground, but it worked. Actually everything worked out perfectly except my broadhead. 4 does at dusk, picked the biggest and after 30 min with fading light I took the one shot opportunity she presented me: 55 yards facing straight towards me. Head came up, stick her dead center of the brisket with a 100grn Grim Reaper razorcut. After the hit when she bolted I could see the last 6" of arrow and my lighted knock sticking out of her chest. Waited her out, went over to where I shot her and could not find a drop off blood anywhere. She ran up into a ticket, (thick enough I couldn't even see the lit knock). After an hour tromping through briars and thorns in the dark I gave up... first deer I've ever lost. First deer I shot that didn't bleed...guess there's a first time for everything, but this one has me tore up."
        If the hole is plugged up with an arrow and there is no exit your very unlikely to have blood.

Comment

They would have found that deer dead as a door knob, in 15 minutes, on any TV hunting show.. Hmmm. It's a head scratcher..
          But yea it's a bad hit.. Small diameter BH are no Bueno far marginal hits..

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            I always had good blood trails with the Striker, especially the mag.

Never tried the mag just the standard 100g

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
              Interesting...

My personal experience.
              I have recovered every deer (40+) and elk (6) I have shot with a slicktrick..had a couple poor blood trails and have also had some incredible blood trails.

I have lost 1 deer and 1 Axis each shot with a Rage.
              Bruce. That is about my exact experience with Tricks.

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
              I’ve killed over 100 animals with slick tricks. They are awesome!
              We got plenty more Dan when you need some.

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Shot this boar this evening with one of the dull slick tricks. He didn’t make it far (thankfully 25 minuets later a flood came)

Would have been a walking blood trail... if I could have stood up to walk

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Just to be clear... 1 1/8” x 1 1/8” = 2 1/4” of tissue and blood vessels cutting area. There are a few mechanicals with more but not many and none that guarantee that amount 100% of the time.

I’ve had too many issues with mechanical when they first came out to ever go back. I know they have came a long ways and have seen awesome devastation. I still won’t use one again but they do have their place.

Ain’t bashing them, just lost trust in every one I used back in the day
              I have been selling Slick Tricks right here on TBH since 2000. 18 years running. When we started selling Tricks they were $20.00 for a three pack. I sent out many a pack to TBHers with no payment up front. I told them if they liked them to send me $20.00. If they didn't like them send them back. I never got a pack back. Gary Cooper (Slick Trick inventor) ran his business this way and taking after him....so did I. In all the years I had one guy that did not pay for his Tricks. Maybe he forgot......maybe not. I did not dun him, but I did not forget about it and who he is either.

Tracy and I keep more Slick Tricks on hand than any archery shop. We usually have $2500 to $3000 in Tricks at dealers cost in stock. We are a little low on inventory this year because of our move to Iowa. We just have not had time to really promote and pursue sales this year. I guess what I am saying is over the 18 years we have averaged about $5000 to $6000 in Slick Trick sales which comes to over $100,000 worth of Tricks mainly sold right here on TBH. I have NEVER had anyone say "I hate those Slick Tricks. I want my money back". Maybe someone felt that way but they sure did not tell us.

I am pretty sure that the guys that dislike them are not going to put us out of business and I know the guys that like them are not going to make us rich.

I do know that Slick Tricks are dang good heads that have stood the test of time.

Comment

Broadhead

Too funny!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                  Never claimed this was a perfect shot, nor do I believe it’s a perfect shot. I would have liked it further forward and a tad lower, but what I am saying is that it should have been fatal either way.

It's not the broadhead's fault, chief. You didn't hit the good stuff, that's just how it is.

Comment

I've been using SlickTricks for years now with no complaints. Kilt many a game with'em and will kilt some more. Hope this weekend...

I never take a quartering towards shot. But that's just me. I prefer quartering away first then broadside next. Anything other and I wait for my shot or I wait for the next deer. And even then crap happens...

Keep huntin and use what you feel confident in.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                      I've been using SlickTricks for years now with no complaints. Kilt many a game with'em and will kilt some more. Hope this weekend...

I never take a quartering towards shot. But that's just me. I prefer quartering away first then broadside next. Anything other and I wait for my shot or I wait for the next deer. And even then crap happens...

Keep huntin and use what you feel confident in.
                      Yeah, but have you killed any decent bucks with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                        Bruce. That is about my exact experience with Tricks.

We got plenty more Dan when you need some.

I have been selling Slick Tricks right here on TBH since 2000. 18 years running. When we started selling Tricks they were $20.00 for a three pack. I sent out many a pack to TBHers with no payment up front. I told them if they liked them to send me $20.00. If they didn't like them send them back. I never got a pack back. Gary Cooper (Slick Trick inventor) ran his business this way and taking after him....so did I. In all the years I had one guy that did not pay for his Tricks. Maybe he forgot......maybe not. I did not dun him, but I did not forget about it and who he is either.

Tracy and I keep more Slick Tricks on hand than any archery shop. We usually have $2500 to $3000 in Tricks at dealers cost in stock. We are a little low on inventory this year because of our move to Iowa. We just have not had time to really promote and pursue sales this year. I guess what I am saying is over the 18 years we have averaged about $5000 to $6000 in Slick Trick sales which comes to over $100,000 worth of Tricks mainly sold right here on TBH. I have NEVER had anyone say "I hate those Slick Tricks. I want my money back". Maybe someone felt that way but they sure did not tell us.

I am pretty sure that the guys that dislike them are not going to put us out of business and I know the guys that like them are not going to make us rich.

I do know that Slick Tricks are dang good heads that have stood the test of time.
                        Mike, I'm still shooting all those Razor tricks I bought from you before the sell-out. Are they still not making razor tricks?? Since Snuffer was sold out, they went south, that Razor Trick is the best head I've found to replace them... Can you get replacement blades?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          You didn't just ask that, here we go again.

Comment

That's what I do in golf, if I hit a bad shot it's the clubs fault LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post

hahahaha.....

Comment

I’ve got another reason I’m staying with slick trick, I purchased a pack of 100grain viper tricks and I guess during packaging they put a standard head in the package. I contacted slick trick via email within a few hours they replied back to me asking for additional info and shipping address. Late yesterday evening I sent the email with pictures to slick trick and I just received a tracking number for another 4 pack of heads.... that’s customer service.

All I had asked for was to swap the single head out with another and they send a full pack to me!

Comment

Working...
                                X