Greg Abbout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    He's still a politician bro.....don't trust him any father than you can throw him.

Yep....lots of attention on this issue. Now is when our politicians are most vulnerable to selling us out.

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Simple question how are they going to enforce a law regarding proper storage or locking of guns? I can see this in and of itself as opening Pandoras Box. Will LE conduct surprise home searches etc...?

Comment

Tell me again how the Texas Lottery is helping school funding?

Didn't they just give us the freedom to legalize sports gambling? Can we not add to that amount with that measure?

Those millions and funding should be ZERO issue !

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        Tell me again how the Texas Lottery is helping school funding?

Didn't they just give us the freedom to legalize sports gambling? Can we not add to that amount with that measure?

Those millions and funding should be ZERO issue !
        Don't get me started on that NON sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Simple question how are they going to enforce a law regarding proper storage or locking of guns? I can see this in and of itself as opening Pandoras Box. Will LE conduct surprise home searches etc...?
          It will just be a legal justification to prosecute a parent if the child takes guns out of the closet and goes on a shooting spree.

Comment

Its alright he won't be there much longer.....he's got to go up against Loopy Lupe come Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              It will just be a legal justification to prosecute a parent if the child takes guns out of the closet and goes on a shooting spree.
              Thats what they will claim at first. But you know as well as I do that as days come and go and yrs past the " Intent and purpose" of the law will change and have new meaning.

Comment

Thats what they will claim at first. But you know as well as I do that as days come and go and yrs past the " Intent and purpose" of the law will change and have new meaning.

Comment

Slippery slope is what we do best with politics!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Its alright he won't be there much longer.....he's got to go up against Loopy Lupe come Nov.
                    Don't laugh. Never under-estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                      Following up on Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick’s suggestion of hardening security at Texas schools, Texas Monthly’s R.G. Ratcliffe does the math: “The price of walk-through metal detectors range, in general, from about $3,500 to $5,000 each. There are more than 9,100 public school and charter school campuses in Texas. If metal detectors cost $4,000 each, then the total price tag for equipping the state school buildings would run about $36.4 million.”

These are some interesting figures (for about half of a HS football stadium, we can get metal detectors). I can also see how it could create bottle necks that would make it easier for a shooter to just attack from the outside. A stop and frisk could be a lot cheaper than detectors and probably just as big of a deterrent.

Schools in this state **** away 4 times that much on iPads, landscaping, and organic options in the cafeteria… I don't want to hear about the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So you think she has a chance huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          So you think she has a chance huh?
                          No, but nothing surprises me anymore. Over 40% of Texas votes democrat. Thats way, way to many

Comment

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No, but nothing surprises me anymore. Over 40% of Texas votes democrat. Thats way, way to many
                              Those are pre-trump numbers !

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                                Following up on Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick’s suggestion of hardening security at Texas schools, Texas Monthly’s R.G. Ratcliffe does the math: “The price of walk-through metal detectors range, in general, from about $3,500 to $5,000 each. There are more than 9,100 public school and charter school campuses in Texas. If metal detectors cost $4,000 each, then the total price tag for equipping the state school buildings would run about $36.4 million.”

These are some interesting figures (for about half of a HS football stadium, we can get metal detectors). I can also see how it could create bottle necks that would make it easier for a shooter to just attack from the outside. A stop and frisk could be a lot cheaper than detectors and probably just as big of a deterrent.
                                With all due respect, your math is off. Since tax dollars would be used for procurement, the price tag for each MD would be closer to $10K each. You always need to budget for abuse, fraud & corruption with our tax dollars.

Comment

Working...
                                X