Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

170 b&c last year, what y'all think so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On what date was that pic taken?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Lmao!![emoji13][emoji23]

Oh Lord... here it comes...[emoji13][emoji23]
      I loled

Also, in for pics of that deer as a 170 last year.

Comment

Not great pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Feeding L&E protein and cotton seed, also add a little mineral on the cotton seed.

Comment

Thats a sweet looking rack, good luck getting him this year

Comment

How in the world can you be sure that is the same deer. LOL.

Comment

I would bet money that is the same deer. Left brow tine has same "lean to it" starting to split G2s. He had short 2s last year and awesome 3s. If he throws all the junk again this year, he could be as good or better. It is FAR too early to tell what a deer is going to be in June. We have some deer on our place that don't look like anything in mid July and then they blow up in August and September. I would be optimistic and patient if I were you. Good luck!

Comment

Still too early to tell.

I was always amazes me at the differences in the growth some deer show this time of year. My FIL has some pen deer. While visiting him a couple years ago in early July some his deer would be close to finished growing out and others were just starting to split at their G2s. One of the ones that was just starting to split at his G2s in early July finished up in the 220s.

Comment

I think its the same deer and i think he is well over 4.5. look at those swelled up knees. Anyway, I suck at this game so that just my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      How in the world can you be sure that is the same deer. LOL.
                      Obviously the same deer. Just look at the eyes. Perfect match.

I'm not sure how anyone can determine from the recent pic that he's only gonna go 120, 130, etc this year. He's got a lot of time left to grow. Nice set of sheds from last year, I can't imagine he'd go downhill by 40 or 50 inches even in a bad year.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                        Still too early to tell.

I was always amazes me at the differences in the growth some deer show this time of year. My FIL has some pen deer. While visiting him a couple years ago in early July some his deer would be close to finished growing out and others were just starting to split at their G2s. One of the ones that was just starting to split at his G2s in early July finished up in the 220s.
                        Yeah and it amazes me that people don't realize this. I love to watch deer grow but it's silly to try to project in June how a deer will finish. Inevitably, the deer that looks like a hoss in June ends up as an average buck and the monster adds 30" in August.

Comment

Where's the pic of the 170 public deer??? I'm still waiting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd start paying attention in august

Comment

I think he will end up 175ish this year, hopefully better, we like to let the trophies go to at least 7 1/2. Again, I believe he will 5 1/2 this coming hunting season, but wouldn't surprise me if he's a year older, that 3-4 yr old stage can be tricky, especially on our place.

Comment

We did have a deer that was 162, scoring his sheds at 4 1/2 and dropped the next three years after that, looked mid 140's at 5, high 140's at six and 7, shot him at 8 yrs old, scored 153 with a drop tine, never had one before. We send the all the teeth off to Burnett and get them aged. Helps us with on the hoof aging.

Comment

Working...
                                X