My Child Support ends today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    Better check to make sure AG doesn't come after you one day. I had a buddy that did that for 12 years and his Ex got mad at him and turned him in. AG said all that money was considered a gift and he owed a huge amount in back CS. He almost committed suicide over it.

That is absolutely awful and the worst part is it doesn’t surprise me one bit. Extremely happy that your buddy didn’t and found a way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
      So excited for you! I have 2 more years and I will get a $36k a year raise! Yes...That is for 1 kid. Williamson county Texas men have no rights.
      I have 44k for the next 2 years for 1 child.....your hosed in Texas as a dad.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
        See pic

Take my money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
          I have 44k for the next 2 years for 1 child.....your hosed in Texas as a dad.
          I've raised my kid since he was 3 and received child support this whole time (turns 18 next month). Not always the case that the father gets hosed. I was able to show I was a better parenr

Comment

Better check to make sure AG doesn't come after you one day. I had a buddy that did that for 12 years and his Ex got mad at him and turned him in. AG said all that money was considered a gift and he owed a huge amount in back CS. He almost committed suicide over it.
            yep, unless it runs threw the state it don't count, found out the hard way in the 1st year of mine. has been 4 years since mine was done,no boat yet but a new 4-wheeler

Comment

Mine is done next month, and just like the others it would not have hurt as bad if I wasn’t also buying him shoes and clothes. I actually had the woman at the AG’s office apologize for not being able to get her more money.

Comment

Yep! I know it can backfire on me. I keep some detailed records, but I know they won't hold up. My ex and I do have a pretty good relationship, and I can only hope she won't turn tail. If she does, at least my CS back pay won't be to the tune of 36k per missing year...

Comment

I applaud you guys. I know 3 moms who ain't get diddly from their baby daddies. One has 2 and the other 3 kids

On the flip side I also know one who funds her lake front condo with her support of 2 kids

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                    So excited for you! I have 2 more years and I will get a $36k a year raise! Yes...That is for 1 kid. Williamson county Texas men have no rights.
                    WOW?!?!?
                    I have heard stories about insane amounts. It can't be $3K per month for a child?? How do they gauge that and what income justifies that much per month?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      WOW?!?!?
                      I have heard stories about insane amounts. It can't be $3K per month for a child?? How do they gauge that and what income justifies that much per month?
                      Easy- if his gross annual income is 180k.

Usually, child support is a flat 20% of your gross income to start, and goes up slightly more for additional children.

Comment

1.5 years to go for me. The dummy told my son that when he graduates, she and her mother are moving to Alaska, and she'll start giving him the child support money every month, "to help him get by".
                        The look on his face was classic when I told him her gravy train derails two months before he graduates. She had told him that I had to pay until he's 21. He's just now realizing what a pathological liar she is.

Comment

paid my last payment this month also . for a kid that wasn't mine ,yes you read that correctly !! texas laws suck and are unjust . but im glad its over .

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I applaud you guys. I know 3 moms who ain't get diddly from their baby daddies. One has 2 and the other 3 kids

On the flip side I also know one who funds her lake front condo with her support of 2 kids

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            Yeah, I have a member of my family (through marriage) that is already telling her daughter (who's 9) that you just need to have a bunch of kids from different daddies if you don't want to work or pay taxes. "You get fun babies and free money!" and then laughs while shoving cheetoes in her piehole and buying tickets to see Taylor Swift.

She kinda screwed herself though (along with the 50 dudes that did too) as 2 of her 4 baby daddies are broke and in prison.

I'm not fond of this person, if that wasn't clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ntxshooter View Post
                              Not always the case that the father gets hosed.
                              True, but it's a rare exception. In the vast majority of cases, men get the **** beaten out of them in divorce court.

Comment

[QUOTE=Roy;14175406]Congrats! 3.5 years to go for me. I don't pay through the AG, just transfer the cash through money transfer to her bank each month. We created a savings account for our daughter and a part of my CS is deposited into that account, so at least my daughter will have something to start with when she's 18.

This could come back to bite you. ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X