Tripods ..... ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripods ..... ???

what brand of tripod are you guys using to hunt out of ?

i am in the market for a 10'-12' tripod for this fall. i would like something with a big deck / platform, with the totally removeable gun rest / upper ring.

is it possible to get a quality unit for $200 or less ?

thanks !

i like the summit brand that academy has, have owned 2 of them before

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
      i like the summit brand that academy has, have owned 2 of them before
      thanks for the info. i'll check those out

Comment

so, nobody else hunts out of tripods ?

Comment

Strong Built was Academys old brand and they were the best! Alot better made then their current ones

Comment

Clay I build my own... Check The DIY Section for some GREAT Ideas!

Heres a Few I like! : http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=tripod

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=tripod

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=tripod

Those are just a few Im looking at for ideas for my next build. Tripod+popup!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunterBall View Post
              Strong Built was Academys old brand and they were the best! Alot better made then their current ones
              I loved mine! Very Stable removable gun rail and a spot in the deck that flipped open to climb up and then flipped back down for more deck space.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                I loved mine! Very Stable removable gun rail and a spot in the deck that flipped open to climb up and then flipped back down for more deck space.
                Can u post a pic of the one you have? Sounds intriguing

Comment

I sold it. it was just about a 14"x8" section right above the leg that you climbed up on. It was the 14' model hunting in a place now where the biggest tree is about 8'. I think most Strongbuilts do that. 12' and up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                    I sold it. it was just about a 14"x8" section right above the leg that you climbed up on. It was the 14' model hunting in a place now where the biggest tree is about 8'. I think most Strongbuilts do that. 12' and up.
                    O yeah.

I am dumb

I read it wrong. I have a 12 foot strong built now and thats exactly how they are.

Comment

thanks for those ideas guys. Coach, i'll sure look into that !

Sportsmans Guide actually has a pretty good selection. i might have found a Rivers Edge that looks good.

Comment

Check out Monarch Feeders or Chas-Mac tripods both make a Very Durable product with Big Platforms

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                          thanks for those ideas guys. Coach, i'll sure look into that !

Sportsmans Guide actually has a pretty good selection. i might have found a Rivers Edge that looks good.
                          Gander Mountain has some nice ones occassionally marked down or on sale...otherwise be careful of their prices

Comment

I've been hunting out of the Big Game Apex tripod. I have had it up about 16 months, moved it to about 5 different spots by now and is still in perfect shape. No noisy ladder, no squeaky swivel chair, no rust except for bolts. I have been very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThwackerZ7X View Post
                              I've been hunting out of the Big Game Apex tripod. I have had it up about 16 months, moved it to about 5 different spots by now and is still in perfect shape. No noisy ladder, no squeaky swivel chair, no rust except for bolts. I have been very happy with it.

http://www.biggametreestands.com/pro...-the-apex.html
                              What you pay for it? Like it alot just remember it being expensive

Comment

Working...
                              X