Made me a skinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous that is a great looking knife.

What is the story on the Sambar stag? How come it is so hard to acquire?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
      Gorgeous that is a great looking knife.

What is the story on the Sambar stag? How come it is so hard to acquire?
      Well seems that someone is having a fit over killing the stags in India so the US is banning imports... you're probably not old enough to remember that precious stuff we used to love to work with called IVORY. My supplier has completely sold out and if I could probably buy more, but I'm not going to pay over 100 bucks for a four inch piece of Sanbar and those prices I have a hard time making money. Normally my Sanbar custom orders start at $400.00, I'm getting out of my market price range if I have to charge more.

Comment

Awesome knife

Comment

Very nice, love your work!

Comment

Well I didn't get it bloody this weekend even thought I diligently gave it a ferocious effort. I did have several offers to relieve me of my knew knife of which I graciously decline. The pictures do it no justice, the stag shines like a brand new diamond the camera didn't pick up.

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

nice knife

Comment

Yep I love sambar and have quit a bit socked away before the prices sky rocketed most I could sell for $100 to $175 each so they have to be saved for supper special knives.

Comment

Truly some beautiful work. Nicely done !!

Comment

That's a beauty!

Comment

Awww; I was going to keep it but I decided to list it on my website. God knows I don't need more knives, I find knives in drawers, brief cases and all over the house I forgot I even had. I've been a knife maker over 20 years and have accumulated more knives than I'll ever need.

Comment

very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
                            Yep I love sambar and have quit a bit socked away before the prices sky rocketed most I could sell for $100 to $175 each so they have to be saved for supper special knives.
                            Right, Sanbar is expensive and so the quality Damascus Steel I get with 416 layer. One reason I have to charge so much for them. I have a customer that wants a 14 in Damascus Steel kukri, I quoted $500.00. He want's it as soon as I can make it for him. I might have not quoted enough.

Comment

Awesome knife!!!

Comment

Only 4 words . . . Bea u ti ful

Comment

Working...
                                X