No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a guy who hunts closer to Del Rio down 277 he said there ranch owner told them the conditions were right for anthrax this year but that's all I've heard.

Comment

Been at the ranch since beginning of August. A lot of showers around Sonora the past couple weeks. The showers have been very isolated and really is a hit or miss whether it hits your property or not. They are mostly light showers that come through in the afternoons. Our ranch has gotten at least one shower the past 6 days in a row. Not enough to make roads muddy but enough to keep the dust down and get everything wet.

We've been doing a lot of work on the stands these past few weeks with a good bit of hunting as well. Axis seem to not be on our property right now, at least not in the quantity they typically are. Regardless we've been seeing some here and there. After a couple weeks of bow hunting, I decided to take the rifle out. Saturday morning was able to connect on two doe with a new .257 I got recently. That same afternoon my buddy was also able to connect on a decent buck. He had some cool bladed main beams above the caudal points.

Will be here up through October and looking forward to dove opener and bow season. A good amount of doves here this year and whitetail are growing in nice.

Anyone else coming down for dove opener this weekend?
      Attached Files

Comment

Would you guys have any recommendations for a reasonable electric company that services the Sonora area? We are using the Co-op and they seem pretty high??? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JFRITZ06 View Post
          Would you guys have any recommendations for a reasonable electric company that services the Sonora area? We are using the Co-op and they seem pretty high??? Thanks!
          We use the co-op too. From my understanding, there isn't any other provider in the area?

Comment

Yep in rural parts of Texas the co-op is your only choice, I suspect you have PEC depending on what part of Sutton county your in. That is who we have at home and really like them. You think they are high compared to what?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              Yep in rural parts of Texas the co-op is your only choice, I suspect you have PEC depending on what part of Sutton county your in. That is who we have at home and really like them. You think they are high compared to what?

They seem high compared to the Southeast Texas area. They have minimum monthly meter charges weather you're using them or not and their KW charge seems a little high. I thought I might shop it around if it was possible. I appreciate the input. Thanks and good luck out there!

Comment

Well its been a great past two weeks at the ranch. After hurricane Harvey we decided to do a Harvey donation hunt. With the help of some friends and the neighbors ranch we manage to shoot 15 axis in the past two weeks. Jessica at RoughCreek Taxidermy helped us with all the processing and HEB donated 75 pounds of beef fat trimmings. In total we were able to donate 400 pounds of ground axis to two different food pantries to feed those in need. Within the hunt my buddy was able to get his first axis and I got my first axis buck with the bow. Was a lot of work, but glad it all came together as quickly as it did.
                Attached Files

Comment

Awesomeness

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice!

We are heading back to our place this weekend to work on the cabin addition. Last trip we got the HVAC in and 90% insulated. This weekend we will finish up the plumbing and start installing paneling.

Lots of deer eating, but they will get a pass this weekend.

Comment

Thats was a great idea for those that have lost so much!

We went up couple of weekends ago. Checked cameras and put feed out. Shot some dove as well. Got some real nice bucks coming to the feeders right now. Hopefully they stick around for a few more weeks.

Comment

hey great work Cajun

hoping to get out west again this weekend, do one last feeder fill and prep

Comment

The axis are hungry. They are packed in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                              The axis are hungry. They are packed in there.

Comment

If any of you Sonora boys have an opening or 2 come available next year, I would love to be put on the wait list. Looking for a place for my brother and I.

Comment

Working...
                                X