Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bow hunting jacket(cold weather)...what do y'all recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry didn’t read the budget part of your post- as we all know, Sitka isn’t cheap to purchase !

Comment

It’s silent as well.

Comment

I have bibs and a thick jacket, but haven’t needed it this year yet. I usually just layer and wear a warm vest. Works for me and keeps my arms free

Comment

Dewalt or Milwaukee 18 volt heated jacket. I have a Milwaukee and love it

Comment

most of the time layering with shirt/sweatshirt/hoody has worked. But I was cold Sunday morning. Maybe I am feeling colder as I get older...drats

thanx for the suggestions. Will be doing some research. Do compression type base layers really work? they seem thin and flimsy.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Freaky 18 volt heated jacket
              WTH is that? I need batteries ?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                most of the time layering with shirt/sweatshirt/hoody has worked. But I was cold Sunday morning. Maybe I am feeling colder as I get older...drats

thanx for the suggestions. Will be doing some research. Do compression type base layers really work? they seem thin and flimsy.
                Merino wool as a base layer. Layer up and avoid cotton.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Dewalt or Milwaukee 18 volt heated jacket. I have a Milwaukee and love it
                  never heard of such a critter...will look into.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    Merino wool as a base layer. Layer up and avoid cotton.
                    yeah I hear ya... cotton is about the only thing I got.

Comment

Ask the cleaners if they can put a zipper in the jacket you have. I had a leg zipper go awol in by favorite bibs, the cleaners replaced it ten years ago and still going.

Comment

I highly recommend First Lite. This fall I bought merino wool base layers, beanie, socks and Woodbury jacket for a Kansas hunt and was very impressed.

Comment

Merino base layer with cabelas wooltimate jacket and pants will fix you right up.

Comment

Sitka whitetail line for sure.....it was designed for exactly your situation.

Comment

Good base layer. I use Kuiu peloton and first lite wool. Kuiu super ultra down jacket is very small and crazy warm. And my Sitka traverse cold weather hoody or jetstream. You won't get non bulky cheap Camo. To lose the bulky part you gotta pay. And it's worth every dang penny to me. I froze last year in under armor. Never again haha

Comment

Originally posted by rwbrew3 View Post
                                I have the Sitka incinerator bibs,jacket and gloves run them with a fanatic hoody and I’m warm as can be in very low temps - This gear is not for stalking in as you would melt. Incredible for long sits in very cold weather. For warm natured guys the fanatic series from Sitka is awesome as well !
                                Spent all last weened in my incinerator bib and jacket in mid 20's and was toasty. I think you could stalk in it and I have some. Just not long hikes in above 35-40 weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X