No announcement yet.

Who likes older/obsolete cartridges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a .300 Savage in a Super 14 TC. I had a .30 Herret barrel re-chambered to .300 Savage back in the late 80s. It is a handful but super accurate. I am looking for a .357 Maximum barrel for a TC at this time.

Comment

Closest I can come is the old 30-30. No one can call it obsolete as it is still one of the most popular rounds around and new rifles made every day for it. But since it has been around for darn near a century and a half and was originally loaded with black powder (cause that's all there was )I'll call it a Classic!

PS, I have a 30 yr old Marlin chambered for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
        I have a .300 Savage in a Super 14 TC. I had a .30 Herret barrel re-chambered to .300 Savage back in the late 80s. It is a handful but super accurate. I am looking for a .357 Maximum barrel for a TC at this time.

The 357 max is a cool round in the TC, had one for a while but sold it. Still have a Ruger in the mad max

Comment

I have an almost brand new .257 Bob Model 70 featherweight, and a probably almost "shot out" model 70 .264 Mag...

I've found nothing yet that puts them down quite like that .264...I guess it's less obsolete than it was a few years ago though...

The 30-40 Krag, and 35 Whelen intrigue me though...and one day I would like to own a .404 Jeffrey.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
            At one time I had 3 contender frames and 14 barrels in different calibers. I just got one now, my first one I bought new in 1982. It has a 12" Bulberry 22LR Match barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I have an almost brand new .257 Bob Model 70 featherweight, and a probably almost "shot out" model 70 .264 Mag...

I've found nothing yet that puts them down quite like that .264...I guess it's less obsolete than it was a few years ago though...

The 30-40 Krag, and 35 Whelen intrigue me though...and one day I would like to own a .404 Jeffrey.
              Its kinda funny that we all have our own favorite rifle and the rest are safe queens. My favorite is my 7mm-08 and the finish is coming off the stock now, with some wore bluing and stock dings.

Comment

.357 Max is pure poison on whitetail sized animals. In Iowa you can use a handgun or rifle during the shotgun seasons but it has to be a straight wall cartridge from a particular list of straight walls. I would like to get a Mike Bellm chambered TC .357 Max if I can find one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  Its kinda funny that we all have our own favorite rifle and the rest are safe queens. My favorite is my 7mm-08 and the finish is coming off the stock now, with some wore bluing and stock dings.
                  It is funny! I can't shoot all the rifles I have and it makes me kinda sad to see them sit in the safe. I've got three favorites...my Remington 700 CDL 7/08, my Model 70 Featherweight in 257 Bob, and my 700 Ti in 7mm RSAUM.

Comment

I deer hunt with a 6.5x55, love it.

Comment

How about a .222 mag, probably the best shooting round I have ever fired

Comment

Mine include the 7TCU, .30 Herrett, 7-30 Waters, and several .357 Max.

On my wish list is a .257 Roberts, .260 Rem (you know, that awesome cartridge that the 6.5 Creedmoor "made obsolete" ), and a Contender pistol barrel in .256 Win Mag.

All the best,
                        Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                          I deer hunt with a 6.5x55, love it.
                          I'm still looking for one. In a Browning 1885 Single shot. They're about as rare as hens teeth it appears. Sako and CZ make one, but if I can't find one in the Browning I may break down and have APR build one.

I'd also like to have a .222

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                            I'm still looking for one. In a Browning 1885 Single shot. They're about as rare as hens teeth it appears. Sako and CZ make one, but if I can't find one in the Browning I may break down and have APR build one.

I'd also like to have a .222
                            I still have my grand dads pet rifle, '94 sporterized Mauser, I've shot a few deer with it but don't want to shoot it too much. Mine is a 1994 Remington 700 Classic.

Comment

Not obsolete by any stretch of the imagination, I shoot the 45-70 the most.
                              Have 3 rifles for it. Next is the 38-55. Love that round.

In the same field as 45-70 is the 45 Colt. Couple of pistols for that.

The two 45 calibers aren't obsolete, but do be old, as is the 38-55.

Comment

I like the 88 magnum.

Comment

Working...
                                X