help old school breakfast recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help old school breakfast recipes

we had this a lot as kids.it was cook rice with milk and suga.r i think. anyone know what im takeing about thanks

rice pudding?? ours was cooked rice, a lil butter, milk an sugar

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
      rice pudding?? ours was cooked rice, a lil butter, milk an sugar
      Yup. Cook some rice and add some butter, sugar and a touch of milk. I still eat it pretty regular.

Comment

horchata?

Comment

thanks guys i think thats it. have not had in it in years will give it a try

Comment

Yep every morning staple in our house when I was growing up. Not minute rice either. I still like it today.

Comment

We called it "Sweet Rice". That's what I make with left-over rice. Cook it down 'til it's good and thick. YUM YUM.

Comment

Rice pudding
                Used to have it at Carpenter's Lodge when we went on weekend deer drives over in West Alabama. Frances and Elizabeth were the cooks and made the best drop biscuits ever. Never ran out and all the ribbon cane syrup you could ever want.
                I can still remember when they would stop the wagons taking us out to our stands and show the tracks where the deer had crossed last night. Hard to believe there was a time when there were that few deer around here.

And someone always had a black panther story

Comment

Arn't you supposed to add raisins??

Comment

If you have any.. It was a chance to get some sweets when we were children.. We didn't have a whole lot of money and certainly wasn't food stamps like today.

Comment

rice - milk- a littel butter- and some cinnamon sticks

Comment

Yep, used to eat it when I was little. Rice, butter, milk and sugar..haven't had it in years, might have to change that.

Comment

We called it cush-cush. We had it because it was not expensive. This really brings back old memories. Probably not too good on the waistline, but back then, who cared?

Comment

My Grandma called it set rice and served it as a side dish or at least that's how we ate it. And there was always cinnamon sprinkled on the top. Man that was good stuff.

Comment

my wife grew up this too, still eats it to this day for breakfast in the winter and when she wants a snack....she always called it " sweet rice-n-milk". to me i just can't though

Comment

Working...
                              X