No announcement yet.

Covert camera wireless App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the notification as well...but I have a Verizon camera....haven't tried the app yet.

Comment

Covert camera wireless App?

www.covert-wireless.com page is good now. I don't have anything to register so one of you guys with a 2015-2016 covert cell cam might give it a shot to see if the page will let you register.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        www.covert-wireless.com page is good now. I don't have anything to register so one of you guys with a 2015-2016 covert cell cam might give it a shot to see if the page will let you register.
        I have 2 cameras registered through AT&T so I don't know how to proceed with the Covert page. I tried my AT&T log-in info to see if it would work and it won't. I guess the site is for new customers from this point forward?

Comment

tagged for future info...

Comment

Originally posted by orlybow View Post
            tagged for future info...

Ditto.

Comment

I talked to Covert today. The AT&T app is not ready. They were having problems with Verizon so they focused on that app first. Now that is resolved they will be working on the AT&T app to finish it. She expects it to be 2-3 weeks.

Once the app is live you will have to register for data coverage with Covert, obtain a new Sim card from Covert (free I believe) and install a new firmware on your camera.

I put my name on a notification list so they will call or email once it is ready to roll.

My current plan doesn't run out till 4/11/2016 so hopefully the timing works out so I am not wasting my already paid for data.

Comment

Originally posted by RRFishNHunt View Post
                I called and am on a list that they are going to contact when they finish testing it(a few weeks). At that time, they will send out a new SIM card and then if you have the 2015 or newer camera you will have to sign up your service through Covert, which is still through the AT&T portal. You will need to install the new firmware, but they said don't do it now, wait till you get the new SIM card. You can call them and give them your name and email and they will contact you when they are complete with testing.
                Guess I should have read your post before I typed all of mine on my phone keyboard. DOH!

Comment

What is the advantage to the app?

Comment

Isn't the new service more expensive ??

Comment

I believe it will allow you to change your camera settings remotely from your phone. Also the pictures will come into the app not text message or email.

Comment

Originally posted by markm View Post
                        I believe it will allow you to change your camera settings remotely from your phone. Also the pictures will come into the app not text message or email.

If that's all it does I don't really see a need for it. If the camera can receive signals to change settings it can never go to "sleep" which will eat through batteries like the SMS feature did. I never used that feature for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                          If that's all it does I don't really see a need for it. If the camera can receive signals to change settings it can never go to "sleep" which will eat through batteries like the SMS feature did. I never used that feature for that reason.

I'll tell you how the spartan app works and I think the covert app will be very similar. If the camera is not on in real time, meaning it's awake and "looking" for commands 24/7, you can set up multiple commands all at the same time and they will be in a queue waiting. There are three ways the commands get executed: 1) by motion triggered event 2) by time lapse triggered event 3) by scheduled event. As scheduled events I have a 5:00am status report emailed to me from the camera every morning and an 8:00am picture sent each day. I always know any changes I want to make can be done first thing every morning. I also know from receiving both that the camera is up and running. I can schedule up to 10 of these events on a daily or weekly basis.

I will say this, I know of virtually no one who has used the camera app that thinks sending the commands via text was a better, more efficient or more enjoyable way of doing things.

I expect long time covert cell cameras user to feel the same way when they first use their new app.

I turned real time on this morning so I could request pictures as the storms rolled through. No text codes to look up or remember, just easily done on the app.

When they get it done, at least give it a try. I think you'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            I'll tell you how the spartan app works and I think the covert app will be very similar. If the camera is not on in real time, meaning it's awake and "looking" for commands 24/7, you can set up multiple commands all at the same time and they will be in a queue waiting. There are three ways the commands get executed: 1) by motion triggered event 2) by time lapse triggered event 3) by scheduled event. As scheduled events I have a 5:00am status report emailed to me from the camera every morning and an 8:00am picture sent each day. I always know any changes I want to make can be done first thing every morning. I also know from receiving both that the camera is up and running. I can schedule up to 10 of these events on a daily or weekly basis.

I will say this, I know of virtually no one who has used the camera app that thinks sending the commands via text was a better, more efficient or more enjoyable way of doing things.

I expect long time covert cell cameras user to feel the same way when they first use their new app.

I turned real time on this morning so I could request pictures as the storms rolled through. No text codes to look up or remember, just easily done on the app.

When they get it done, at least give it a try. I think you'll like it.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll try it for sure once I'm convinced the bugs are out.

Comment

Anyone got set up with the app yet? My current plan is about to expire and I was thinking about switching over to this.

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                                Anyone got set up with the app yet? My current plan is about to expire and I was thinking about switching over to this.

Last update I saw from Covert was on 3/16 and they said the Code Black firmware update that is needed for the camera to work with the app would be ready in "two weeks."

Comment

Working...
                                X