Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
    The investors will find a different place to park their money. I certainly would be if I had a large position in a company that had the majority of their leases in expensive to produce shale formations.

And where's all that economic growth going to happen? "Somewhere else"?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      It won't affect me at all. But I do know lots of people will be affected.
      Everyone will feel it. There will be no exceptions. Unless you're retired or have zero ties to any company. If/when all these oil field jobs go away there will be billions less being spent in Texas. And guess who will make up for all the lost tax revenue the State is making?

Do you not understand that thousands of people take money they make in the oilfield and spend it in the big cities "back home"? Even if you somehow have a magical business that isn't affected you will have customers who are who will then be spending less also.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        And where's all that economic growth going to happen? "Somewhere else"?
        Manufacturers, chemical producers, transportation (shipping and distribution), airlines, agriculture, and auto makers all benefit from cheaper oil.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Everyone will feel it. There will be no exceptions. Unless you're retired or have zero ties to any company. If/when all these oil field jobs go away there will be billions less being spent in Texas. And guess who will make up for all the lost tax revenue the State is making?

Do you not understand that thousands of people take money they make in the oilfield and spend it in the big cities "back home"? Even if you somehow have a magical business that isn't affected you will have customers who are who will then be spending less also.
          Prices will have to fall more in line with what people not working in the oil and gas industry can afford. Life goes on.

I know a lot of y'all take pride in your oilfield jobs, but there are ways to make a living outside the patch and life doesn't revolve around producing oil. It is important, but so are a great deal of other industries.
          Last edited by JMalin; 11-30-2014, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
            15 sounds like a really low number with all the support a rig needs to run.
            We have 22 on location now minus the 10 hands, 1 pusher, 1 safety man, 1 mud engineer on days off.. So 35 would be affected on one rig.

Comment

Pretty sad how many folks round here are so excited to see so many fellow bowhunters and texans lose their jobs because they've "had it too good too long". I would never wish that on anyone no matter how good they had it for what they are doing. Yes I am in the oil field and I do have a fall back plan and money set aside but none the less pretty sad some of the comments I've read.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Manufacturers, chemical producers, transportation (shipping and distribution), airlines, agriculture, and auto makers all benefit from cheaper oil.

Manufacturers of what? China manufacturers the vast majority of every product sold anywhere.

Transportation? Transporting what? Transporting the items that aren't made here from the port of Houston to the walmart distribution center? Do you realize how many trucks are driving in the oilfield? There could be thousands of jobs lost...

Chemical..... LOL. I guess I'll go invest in WD-40. I'm going to be rich.

I'm sorry Jmalin, but you really have no idea what you're talking about. Out of college for what? 1-2 years. Taking about never owned a house. Give me a call in 15-20 years and see what you know then. Maybe I'm out of touch, but I think a young adult who's just now paying his own bills thinks that an extra $25 less for a tank of gas will turn his economic status in life around, is out of touch with reality.
                Last edited by kyle1974; 11-30-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Prices will have to fall more in line with what people not working in the oil and gas industry can afford. Life goes on.

I know a lot of y'all take pride in your oilfield jobs, but there are ways to make a living outside the patch and life doesn't revolve around producing oil. It is important, but so are a great deal of other industries.
                  It kinda does.

Comment

Manufacturers of what? China manufacturers the vast majority of every product sold anywhere.

Transportation? Transporting what? Transporting the items that aren't made here Do you realize how many trucks are driving in the oilfield? There could be thousands of jobs lost...

I guess I'll go invest in WD-40. I'm going to be rich.

I'm sorry Jmalin, but you really have no idea what you're talking about. Out of college for what? 1-2 years. Taking about never owned a house. Give me a call in 15-20 years and see what you know then.
                    Do you have any idea how many trucking jobs are going unfilled right now due to every Joe Blow with a CDL getting an oilfield job?

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                      It kinda does.
                      Nah. If I've got my family and my God, I'm good.

Comment

Do you have any idea how many trucking jobs are going unfilled right now due to every Joe Blow with a CDL getting an oilfield job?
                        Malin and we are still short oil haulers, water haulers etc out here

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          It had everything to do with it....That's the point. Oil prices are not driven by American spending or monetary policy, however American spending and monetary policy are affected by oil prices. In this state, more than the oil industry and consumer spending at the pump is affected by oil prices.

I buy about 50,000 gallons of diesel every month. While I'd love to pay less for it, I don't want to pay $2/gal for diesel for only 5,000 gallons due to the fact that there is no development on which to burn 50,000 gal of diesel. My guys saving money on gas doesn't really help them if they don't need gas to drive to work, because they don't have a job.

Curt. He dont understand that. Its been explained over and over. Some still dont get it.

Comment

This Jmalin guy is a trip. Didn't I read a post where he said he graduated from college? I'm a little worried what they are teaching there. lol

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Do you realize to tout "growth" in a given industry the same industry can't crash that grows?

If the oilfield crashes, trucking will crash.

Maybe the guys and trucks that lost work might start hauling something else, But it will be items that have tight profit margins and will not be getting premium rates like they are right now in the oilfield.
                              Last edited by kyle1974; 11-30-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Chemical..... LOL. I guess I'll go invest in WD-40. I'm going to be rich.
                                The chemical industry is huge.

Comment

Working...
                                X