No announcement yet.

Trumps Budget proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one wants to hear it but grandma and grandpa have to start paying for their medical care. Average wage earning couple will pay in 114K over their lifetime yet will receive 355K in Medicare benefits.

Affordable healthcare for all also cannot be done. We are 19 trillion in debt, it would be nice but we LITERALLY CANT AFFORD IT.

The other thing someone with some cajones is gonna have to eliminate welfare to abled bodied men and women. I have no problem helping the disabled but that's it. Anyone else should be handed over to the county to work cleaning up highways and a number of other difficult jobs and be paid the minimum salary the law allows and that's only if the county feels like doing so out of the kindness of their hearts.

WE ARE BROKE.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      No one wants to hear it but grandma and grandpa have to start paying for their medical care. Average wage earning couple will pay in 114K over their lifetime yet will receive 355K in Medicare benefits.

Affordable healthcare for all also cannot be done. We are 19 trillion in debt, it would be nice but we LITERALLY CANT AFFORD IT.

The other thing someone with some cajones is gonna have to eliminate welfare to abled bodied men and women. I have no problem helping the disabled but that's it. Anyone else should be handed over to the county to work cleaning up highways and a number of other difficult jobs and be paid the minimum salary the law allows and that's only if the county feels like doing so out of the kindness of their hearts.

WE ARE BROKE.

I can agree with that. Tough love is TOUGH. But who is going to make those tough decisions??? I don't see our spineless politicians doing that. Not without TERM LIMITS. They would be voting themselves out of a job. I see it getting MUCH worse before it can ever get better. I almost see some sort of revolt happening first, to trigger any real change.

Does anyone else see how the politicians would ever agree to commit political suicide for the betterment of the country? I'm not sure it will ever happen peacefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        Wonder why social security is included with unemployment and labor. Social security was already paid for and is not and entitlement.
        Lotta truth there! Some tweeks are truly needed in the program but it should not be part of unemployment statistics. Oh, I have offered to our government to by-pass my social security (which I fully funded the maximum in the first 15 years of my employment) if I was taxed in a FAIR manner.........I got crickets!

WE ARE BROKE.
        Great post and has a solid point.......we are BROKE is the bottom line. The only thing in flux is that when the GREATEST generation put money into the Ponzi scheme "a dollar is worth a dollar!" At the end of there lives (now) a dollar is worth less than a quarter. So, with that background I am not sure if that $114 versus $355k is accurate moving forward into the Baby Boomers, etc. (Just a point that has been easily and highly debatable!)

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          I can agree with that. Tough love is TOUGH. But who is going to make those tough decisions??? I don't see our spineless politicians doing that. Not without TERM LIMITS. They would be voting themselves out of a job. I see it getting MUCH worse before it can ever get better. I almost see some sort of revolt happening first, to trigger any real change.

Does anyone else see how the politicians would ever agree to commit political suicide for the betterment of the country? I'm not sure it will ever happen peacefully.
          Close this THREAD all really all POLITICAL threads!!!!

Comment

just glad to hear the word "cuts".

I like the budget but we have to address the gimme state. And Term limits in the constitution.

Comment

Unfortunately we are only making cuts to departments that take up less than 25 percent of entire expenditures. Not that I don't like cutting them but if we don't address entitlements then we aren't doing anything.

Comment

If they reduce the corporate income tax rate to 15% like they have been talking about it will get the economy going and give us a net increase in government income. The cuts in Trump's budget all sound good to me. Entitlement reform means phasing in an increase in social security retirement age which may seem like a bitter pill but we can swallow it. Medicare, and health care in general, is more challenging but increasing government income will help.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                  If they reduce the corporate income tax rate to 15% like they have been talking about it will get the economy going and give us a net increase in government income. The cuts in Trump's budget all sound good to me. Entitlement reform means phasing in an increase in social security retirement age which may seem like a bitter pill but we can swallow it. Medicare, and health care in general, is more challenging but increasing government income will help.
                  The gov. does not have a problem with the amount of money they take in. They have (the last 10 years) taken in record levels of money
                  The problem is, the gov spends much more money than they bring in. Spending needs to be slashed in all departments.

As for SS, Bush tried to get program phased in that would allow younger people to have a retirement account as part of their SS. That was shot down by the democrats. SS is a joke and should have never been implimented and was only implemented as a way to increase gov. power over the people,just like health care

Comment

You are a minority my friend. The majority of people drawing from SS and Medicare draw way more than they ever put in, if they put anything in at all.
                    Back when I started paying SS, I paid the maximum every year... usually by June or July... Then the started raising the maximum until finally somewhere in the late 70's I couldn't make enough to pay the maximum..

I can remember many of us saying that we wished the government would just let us save our own money... Even if it was in a government saving account.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      The gov. does not have a problem with the amount of money they take in. They have (the last 10 years) taken in record levels of money
                      The problem is, the gov spends much more money than they bring in. Spending needs to be slashed in all departments.

As for SS, Bush tried to get program phased in that would allow younger people to have a retirement account as part of their SS. That was shot down by the democrats. SS is a joke and should have never been implimented and was only implemented as a way to increase gov. power over the people,just like health care
                      We can balance the budget by increasing revenue or cutting costs or some of both. That is the point I was making. Further, I suggested ways to do this that have at least some chance of passing. There is zero chance of passing a bill in Washington that would cut enough to balance the budget.

Comment

We can balance the budget by increasing revenue or cutting costs or some of both. That is the point I was making. Further, I suggested ways to do this that have at least some chance of passing. There is zero chance of passing a bill in Washington that would cut enough to balance the budget.
                        I'm not arguing with you, trust me i agree. just pointing out that no matter how much money the gov. takes in it has always spent more than it has.
                        They could take in 10 trillion and still spend 12.
                        Taxes need to be lowered, healthcare removed,welfare removed, and SS phased out over the next 10 years.

Comment

Just FYI, that pie chart was created by a private, nonprofit organization called the National Priorities Project (NPP). NPP created 13 different budget categories to sort federal spending for the purposes of their own analysis and reporting. The federal government has a different system to track spending by category that uses functions and subfunctions. For example, function 600 is Income Security. It consists of the following subfunctions:

601 General retirement and disability insurance
                          602 Federal employee retirement and disability
                          603 Unemployment compensation
                          604 Housing assistance
                          605 Food and nutrition assistance
                          609 Other income security

Social Security is function 650, subfunction 651.

NPP created the category of Social Security, Unemployment & Labor to cover mandatory spending on income security programs, federal employee retirement and disability, and job training. In the eyes of the federal government, that single NPP category is actually 8 different categories.

Comment

Well played!!![emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

If they reduce the corporate income tax rate to 15% like they have been talking about
                            Now the number being batted around is closer to 25%.....such BS!!! [emoji35] That change was #1 on my list in being at least half-hearted optomistic about this administration. If not done at 15%.........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

If this budget passes. I'm out of a job. Kinda hard to feel good about that.

-------------------------------
                              Violence never settles anything
                              -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                                If this budget passes. I'm out of a job. Kinda hard to feel good about that.

-------------------------------
                                Violence never settles anything
                                -Genghis Kahn

Whys that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X