X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine wouldnt fall out when i boiled the skull

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Slinger View Post
      i have killed about 15 hogs and have always pulled them out with pliers, am I doing this and missing out on some length? I have never boiled, sawed, or cut away any gum area or anything like this listed above, Is this odd or what's the deal?
      Umm me to. Maybe we are just lazy er something Stick Slinger?

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
        I would kill them first but if you feel the need to do it while they are alive please get it on video for all to see.
        You joke, but it's been done... just takes a lot of rope... and earplugs.

Comment

I think you just have to cook them long enough and the will come out.

Comment

A hack saw down either side of the tusk and a pair of pliers works for me

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
              I am in the process of trying to remove he tusks from a couple of large hogs.

Please explain the process of how this is done.
              I have never done this myself, but I have seen it done on a football field at the hands of guys wearing burnt orange and white with longhorns on their helmets!! And being a native Texan stuck in Arkansas, I really enjoy watching it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
                Thaks for the information! I boiled the heads for about 20 minutes today, let them cool and the teeth rolled out with little effort. I am going to send them to my wifes uncle, he is going to use them in his knife making projects.

Will post pictures as soon as the project is finished.

Please do! I make knives every once in a while out of saw blades. I would love to see how he used them!

Thanks
                Tommy

Comment

Working...
                X