No announcement yet.

Texas vs Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all have fun. My dad, brother and I used to make the same trip several summers ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Sounds like a great time. I like the Texas flag idea, but I wouldn't wear a shirt to antagonize them in their Country. I don't believe that would represent us Texans well.
      Agreed, see my response in post 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
        Y’all have fun. My dad, brother and I used to make the same trip several summers ago.
        Thanks, we are really looking forward to it!

Comment

My Father and some friends made that trip in the 30's. Said they had a Great trip!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
            My Father and some friends made that trip in the 30's. Said they had a Great trip!
            WOW! Thats very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              The only thing is, when you get there you will realize Texas is a dry desert dump compared to the beauty of that place.. And the fishing is incredible.......so be careful what you make yourself look like there. Don't embarrass us Frank...
              Truer words have never been spoken. Don't get me wrong, I love that I am FROM Texas, but living up north and raising my kids here is a no brainer compared to the over crowded places in Texas. Granted I am from Lubbock, which is flat and uglier than a lot of TX. Canadians don't hate Americans. They are just dumbfounded at our political **** show.

Enjoy the trip and be careful!

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                Thanks for the advice and tips!
                Just to be clear, this is all light hearted and meant in good fun. No political, or other serious, statements are intended to be made.

DRT, how many times have you done NT, and do you have any tips?

LandRover, did you do the trip with Scouts or on your own? Also, any tips for staying in Quetico?
                Understood sir. I know it is in PURE fun. A baseball cap will say plenty.......lol!!! All of my trips were 40 to 42 mile circuits with about 12 to 18 portages..........a few were looooong! Never with scouts, I would take customers when I was with BASF and then me and my brother went twice. As you know: Pack Light, GREAT tents are worth it, gets chilly at night, YOU WILL CATCH FISH so don't pack more than the basics for food, BEARS are nosey, WOLVES has no idea what you are, light hiking boots and camp sandals are plenty, the water is cold, PICTURES do the place zero justice, Loons are beautiful, small mouth fishing is WORLD CLASS!
                Wow, it is time for me to get back up there. My entry point was Ely..........with a stop at Gander Mountain for the best lures!

Comment

Originally posted by raiderelkhunter View Post
                  Truer words have never been spoken. Don't get me wrong, I love that I am FROM Texas, but living up north and raising my kids here is a no brainer compared to the over crowded places in Texas. Granted I am from Lubbock, which is flat and uglier than a lot of TX. Canadians don't hate Americans. They are just dumbfounded at our political **** show.

Enjoy the trip and be careful!
                  I have been to Canada probably 15 times and NEVER one disparaging word, encounter or even smirk! Definitely gotten odder receptions in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, etc......lol! Quebec folks love that I am from Louisiana originally and speak enough French to get them laughing........mostly Creole but they get the vibe! Cool place for summer jaunts but they can keep their winters for themselves!!!!

Comment

Wear a come and take it shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                      Wear a come and take it shirt.
                      Or one that has the "Texas, it's like a whole other country." thing on it.
                      We had two Treks in 2017. You'll enjoy it. A lot of paddling and portaging to do. Be sure to listen to your interpreter but don't be afraid to study the map and adjust the route if needed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bring a 1/4 or 1/2 oz. red and white spoon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                          It's going to be a great trip, I cant wait!
                          If you dig around some of the old Bownanza threads there is a pic of Frank and I when he was about 7 or 8, here he is at 15.... they grow up fast!

[ATTACH]907795[/ATTACH]

Frank you need to eat more food.
                          You look like an Ethiopian marathon runner
                          PM me your address and I’ll send you 5 lbs. of boudin and cracklins

Comment

Daredevils.
                            Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                            Bring a 1/4 or 1/2 oz. red and white spoon!!!
                            Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

...that's them!!

Comment

Hah, I love Canada....seriously, id move in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X