• Show
Clear All

not sure they have the wooden boxes might look at doing something latter

Comment

How is everyone doing?

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
        How is everyone doing?
        Work which is a good thing, then when I get off it is so windy don't want to do anything. I need to get in the woods.

Comment

How is everyone doing?
          I've been playing lazy for a couple weeks. Don't feel like doing much except laying around and drinking beer. Might go out tomorrow. Then again, might not. Life is good.

Comment

I can't wait to get in the woods. Hell, I might just go sit in the woods just to sit there..LOL.. A little over 45 days, I plan on being really lazy for a month...LOL..

Comment

I can't wait to get in the woods. Hell, I might just go sit in the woods just to sit there..LOL.. A little over 45 days, I plan on being really lazy for a month...LOL..
              Waiting for a free weekend to get out and do some scouting.

Comment

How is everyone doing?
                Waiting for a free weekend to get out and do some scouting.

Comment

Here ya go, Brad. Something to look forward to when you return. Scroll down a little, there should be some familiar faces.

Comment

Is a 4 wheel drive NEEDED to hunt hood? Or could I get by with a 2 wheel drive?

Comment

You could get by with a 2wd only place 4wd is required is the guided impact area hunts. But a 4wd is recommended in my opinion for rougher terrain and when weather dictates.(I.E. sloppy wet conditions) But there are a lot of areas to hunt off the better maintained roads that you could get by without one.

Comment

In my opinion it is not NEEDED,there are alot of accessable areas close to maintained roads that could be hunted but it would open more selection of hunting locations with a 4wd especially in wet muddy conditions. Only the guided rifle hunts in the impact area are 4wds required. So there are many opinions on here from different hunters but mine is not NEEDED but rcommended.

Comment

I am the chief guide for area 45/46 until they started to put the wide roads down through the middle of 46 you were not getting in there without 4x4 after a rain storm. There are still parts where the big are along table rock creek that you want get in without a good 4x4 that you are not afraid to use. Just a few of the things that has happened in the past during rainy and muddy season I dropped my right front tire in one of those good old rock holes did a number on my fender. One assistant has a jeep Cherokee he has lost a front half shaft and had a few other things but he does not baby his beast. Keep in mind when we guide we are putting out 6-8 hunters and trying to get to our own stand. Had another assistant who has an avalanche lost his transmission year before last? The last assistant has a small pickup and he lost his front end last year. We all have 4x4 and last year it was so muddy in my area my truck spent more time in 4x4 then 2wd.
                          As popparoach said the Regs only require for you to have 4x4 in the impact area. But to get back in the thick of the good hunting you 2 choices 4x4 or walking. In area 53 along Cow House creek if it rains you will not get in to those misquote trees without a 4x4 and a good rope.
                          John

Comment

Thanks for all the info on the 4x4. looking at getting one..

Comment

Plenty of areas where it's not needed, but would reccomend ya have one. Heck, it's a requirement in the live fire areas, but in LF89 we had some of the best tank trails on post...let me know when you get back and I will get ya in contact with the chief of my old area, area 35 for some pig hunting and get you in touch with some great guides in some live fire areas such as 89 and 82 east.

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                                Plenty of areas where it's not needed, but would reccomend ya have one. Heck, it's a requirement in the live fire areas, but in LF89 we had some of the best tank trails on post...let me know when you get back and I will get ya in contact with the chief of my old area, area 35 for some pig hunting and get you in touch with some great guides in some live fire areas such as 89 and 82 east.
                                Sounds good. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X