hog skinning rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
    I can't see the pic here. I'm assuming this "rack" looks like a sawhorse? Can someone please post up some pics.
    x2

Comment

x3

Comment

x4

Comment

x5

Comment

X6

Comment

Yup. No pics, didn't happen!

Comment

looks like it was originally posted in 2008..

Comment

Originally posted by Kingrabbit View Post
                  looks like it was originally posted in 2008..
                  Yep I am pretty sure that is the reason the pics are no longer working.

Comment

Yeah, I did a search and this is what I came up with. Hoping this could jog some people's memories.

Comment

Originally posted by m'gobo View Post
                      I built this for skinning hogs. It is much nicer that trying to skin a hog hanging upside down.(especially when your a big guy like me having to bend down to do the skiining. Here, the you lay the hog on his back between the two runs of angle iron. Then, there is one guy on each side skinning his way down to the back. Once you hit the angle iron, pick the hog up by his back legs and skin the rest of the back off. I know it sounds confusing but I'll get pics of our next hog being skint!

I have seen alot of folks who use something similar to this. I wish I had done this years ago.
                      I can't seem to be able to retrieve the photo's. Can you email them to me?
                      glpoe1@yahoo.com

This sounds like something I would like to keep out at our lease.
                      Best Regards Gary

Comment

Skinning Rack Pic

A guy at our lease brought this and it is handy to use. It's the only pic I could find so excuse the bad pic. I believe he got it from Granzins Meat Market in New Braunfels. They use these in their processing from what i'm told. I don't have a clue on dimensions but it is on wheels. Next time one of the guys or myself is at the lease I'll try and get some dimensions.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Like it!
                          What if: There were 4 bars coming up to support the legs of the animal? The ones I saw had these type legs, with bungee chords attached, and we were to strap the legs down while we skinned.

Comment

I like that idea on the uprights to anchor the legs. Might have to try a little modification work next trip.

Comment

That looks like I may need to build.

Comment

Nice rack, both of them

Comment

Working...
                                X