The price of used trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
    Yea the used Ford trucks are insane! The new ones too! Lol those prices should be regulated!!
    Yeah, that's it. The government can solve this through more overreach and regulation.....SMH

NOPE!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      There are decently priced trucks out there, you have to be patient.

I bought a 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB fully loaded Laramie with B&W turnover (never used, lol) with 52k miles in about as immaculate condition as it gets for $39k in Feb 2016.

The exact same truck new was $56k even with the discount I get on Chrysler vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No disrespect and don't take it wrong, but this is the problem. People think they are getting good deals.

I am probably guilty too. I bought a 2015 chevy 2500HD 4x4 diesel 4dr with 30K miles on it in April 2016 for $39K.

Comment

Another problem is we may be thinking in terms of cars lasted 100k 20 years ago. Now they go 200-300k or at least should. As well as even the base comes standard with back up cameras and touch screens. What better way to get more money then make it standard for "safety" and us stop asking for the cheaper roll up window trucks. Just phase out the cheaper work trucks and give you the expensive one or no other choice. It's mainly trucks to since we can still get a little Honda for 15k new. Just know the truck guys will pay it heck or high water.

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
          There are plenty of guys here making $50k a year, driving a $60k truck towing a $20k Polaris Ranger or a $40k bass boat. Cheap/easy credit, and yahoo's who use it, are driving up prices, just like the $50k a year yahoo's who were buying $400k homes (that should have been $250k homes) 10 years ago on cheap credit before the housing meltdown.
          Bingo and it is only going to get worse since the oil field is picking back up! 18-25 year olds with a pocket full of cash and no sense

Comment

that's what happens when people will sign a 6 year note for a truck. the vast majority of people probably couldn't tell you what price they pay for a truck, but they can tell you what the monthly payment is.

the last new truck I bought, I could hear a couple next to me going back and forth over 20-30 dollars a month different in the payments... just a tip, if someone is worried about $30 a month difference, then you can't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
              Bingo and it is only going to get worse since the oil field is picking back up! 18-25 year olds with a pocket full of cash and no sense
              yes, that's literally the only people benefiting from the oil field

Comment

My old Z71 has 324k on it, and once in a while it kicks me in the nutz. I'll just keep patching it up as long as I can. No payments = ��

Comment

Hurricane Harvey didn't help at all with used truck prices. There were a couple of hundred thousand trucks totaled and had to be replaced across south Texas.
                  It quickly became a seller's market with a premium on pickups.

Comment

I love the explanation for high prices as being "people are just stupid ". I think there is something else going on. High prices for new ones and Harvey seem like the most logical explanations to me. Also, I would add that Texas is unique from other states in that you see way more trucks on the road.

Comment

Are new trucks cheaper in Indiana?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                        I looked at a Ford a while ago and wanted a fleet truck since I don't want all the bells. 4x4 power locks and windows and the nicer v8. I had to argue with them to test drive a fleet truck and the price was still not that much under a normal truck. What happened to the base model trucks without all the electronics that break?
                        Dealerships will make more money on replacing the cheap China made electronics than sales profit.

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                        Are new trucks cheaper in Indiana?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Yes, but don't over look TN, KY, GA, and MS.

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing today. We are looking for a used truck for our oldest kiddo...

Comment

I've been getting pre-recorded messages from the dealer where I bought my wife's truck in'15, saying "...you're truck model is in demand....we'd like to know if you're interested in trading it in...blah blah blah...". Yeah, trade it in so YOU can make a profit on it??lol

Comment

It’s ridiculous. Folks act like their truck is the only one in the world AND gold plated.

Comment

It all started with John Travolta and that dang Urban Cowboy thing. Up til then trucks were equipped like trucks, used like trucks, looked like trucks and were priced like trucks. Ever since they've been adapted to soccer moms, rhinestone cowboys and urban dwellers who think they need a 3/4 ton diesel 4x4 to haul a bag of mulch home from Wal-Mart. Ahhh, now I feel better.

Comment

Working...
                                X