Charged with murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    They story doesn't say it was legal for him to carry. Dime to a dollar he either didn't have a chl, ltc, or he had some sort of felony.

Typically when this stuff happens there is a pattern of behavior that exhibits itself long before the man showed up in a parking lot with a gun, getting worked up about a door ding.
    It actually says in the article that the suspect has a handgun license....actually uses those exact words.

****Edit.....I see where you finally read it.
    Last edited by curtintex; 01-18-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
      Exactly.

I never understood how people can get that worked up over something so petty.

I had a guy punch out my truck window at our trailer park in rockport because he didn't like my driving. Came very close to the same outcome but having a clear head and calming the idiot down saved his life and possibly mine too.
      Good to hear you were able to deescalate it. Did he pay for the window?

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
        Good to hear you were able to deescalate it. Did he pay for the window?
        Yep. And detailing my truck. And a car seat cover. Almost 2 years later I still find glass crumbles every so often.

Comment

Dumb people...

Comment

Originally posted by xtrm-hunter View Post
            Its sad.. I hate door dings with a passion which is why I park in BFE, but to get in a heated argument that leads to one shooting the other is crazy.
            Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              Yup. It's easy to second-guess now that we know more but I would venture to say any number of us would have reacted the same way.
              You may count yourself among those, but I as a CHL holder certainly do not.
              Verbal threats of guns tell you where these two were at-- far away from where they needed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                Came very close to the same outcome but having a clear head and calming the idiot down saved his life and possibly mine too.

Comment

"He was initially charged with murder and taken into custody. Today, a judge ordered the shooter’s release citing a lack of probable cause—however, the murder charges remain. “The case is still open, even though the suspect has been released, pending further investigation, according to the judge,” says Lt. Smith, “it is still an open case.”"

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                    2 yrs later and still no trial. Next hearing is 2/20/17
                    Sadly he needs pay the piper for that one. I think I even recall him saying that as soon as he shot the guy ....he knew he has F* up. Surely he has been in in jail waiting for the trial?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Sadly he needs pay the piper for that one. I think I even recall him saying that as soon as he shot the guy ....he knew he has F* up. Surely he has been in in jail waiting for the trial?

I want to say he made God, but I'm not positive.

The other jacked up cases I follow are Michael Slager, who I believe got a mistrial for a second time this week and ol' Aaron Hernandez who goes to trial this week for the two Boston murders. Also Adnan Syed who is waiting retrial.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                        Exactly. How does the state weed out the applicants? Just as some shouldn't reproduce, some shouldn't carry.
                        This is true... after years of being on TBH I'm sure some who have their CHL on here have no business carrying.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          This is true... after years of being on TBH I'm sure some who have their CHL on here have no business carrying.
                          x2

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post

No joke

Comment

I sure hope this isn't the Sam Smith that once worked for me. Age is about right and last I heard he did move up that way somewhere. Bad deal

Comment

I was a LEO 11 days and had a very similar incident happen. had a male drive up, jump out of a van , hand behind his back saying Shoot Me M Fers. Myself and 7 game wardens almost did. He did not have a gun.
                                We were working the shooting of a game warden.

Comment

Working...
                                X