No announcement yet.

Deer processing yield??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work at a processor and that's spot on for a deer that size. I'm actually surprised you got as much blackstrap back as you did. On average for us a deer that size will yield 4 to 6 packs of 4 blackstrap steaks.

Comment

yeah that sounds about spot on, i did 2 good does last week. i only weighed the grind with added fat and it came out to 32lbs....figure with straps,steaks and roast 60lbs or so for the both.

Comment

That sounds close. I normally debone first and then take to processor. He weighs all meat on the spot so I know what Ive got. There is no guessing this way.

Comment

Most folks think they should get more meat from a deer. If you really trim it good they don't produce much.

Comment

I grind everything but backstrap and tendy’s and then grind 60/40 w/ pork butts. Prior to grinding the most I’ve gotten off a bigger buck is about 38 lbs. but my wife and I are pretty thorough on cutting out bad stuff. Does I only get 20-25 lbs boned out meat. Again these numbers don’t include straps or tenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X