Tikka T3 7mag Accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PredatorControl View Post
    My cousin takes a Tikka 7mm rem mag every year to Colorado as his back up rifle. This year he ended up having to break it out and took a bear at 450 yds. We practice in the off season and he shoots it regularly out to 800 yds. One of the guys in the group that went to Colorado this year shoots a Tikka 300 win mag took an elk at 750yds.
    Nice!

Comment

ttt

Comment

I loaded some 120gr Barnes into the one I had and won't hunt anything over 1" groups. Like everyone said. It's teeth rattling when you shoot it but kills pretty well. Love the light rifles but think they are better suited for the 260, creedmoor 308 calibers.

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
          Recoil pad is easy to install and works. Clamp on MZ break is useful though. without the recoil pad though I can take more shots with my 50BMG that doesn't have a real effective break than I can from that Tikka. Sometimes you just know you are going to get kicked when you squeeze the trigger and with some rifles more than others.
          Yes..get the Sims Limbsaver....

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
            It makes a world of difference. It is now enjoyable to shoot.

Comment

I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in this but its a bedding kit for the Tikka T3 stocks. It has a titanium recoil lug to replace the aluminum one with steel pillars and action screws to use. $50

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
                It has a recoil pad now, without it I would no longer own the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                  I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in this but its a bedding kit for the Tikka T3 stocks. It has a titanium recoil lug to replace the aluminum one with steel pillars and action screws to use. $50
                  http://lumleyarms.us/index.php?route...&product_id=59
                  That’s gona cost me money one day

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    That’s gona cost me money one day
                    Lol well I had been reading where larger calibers had imprinted in the aluminum recoil lugs causing some movement in the stock affecting accuracy. I came across that kit. My Tikka T3 lite in 223 is an accurate little dude. So I could only imagine how well one would shoot installing that kit then glass bedding the action.

There is a company outta Montana that sells a lot of stuff for Tikka rifles.

Comment

Working...
                    X