Why do certain cases need trials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been wondering for awhile about this and wanted some feedback.

Lately the news has been talking about the Santa Fe shooter not getting a fair trial here in Galveston County.

If everybody knows that POS kid did what he did and all the evidence proves it....... Why do we even need a trial

There are other cases as well that seem cut and dry with video evidence and the POS pleads NOT GUILTY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That danged ole constitution is tricky ain't it?

Comment

6A

Edit for those unfamiliar with what makes our country so great. The 6th amendment of the constitution

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        There you go!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          So many love the 2nd amendment, but want to ignore the rest of it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            So many love the 2nd amendment, but want to ignore the rest of it.
            Or don’t know the rest....

Preamble to the Bill of Rights *Congress of the United States begun and held at the City of New-York, on Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine. THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent mi

Comment

I completely understand the constitution and support it whole heartedly.

I am not questioning cases with questionable evidence on why we need trials.

I am questioning when we have 100% proof that said suspect is guilty that we have to have a trial. Then the accused pleads not guilty.

I suppose it is the way it is........

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

I am questioning when we have 100% proof that said suspect is guilty that we have to have a trial. Then the accused pleads not guilty.

Thanks for the replies.

Because.... Due process. You get your day in court... guaranteed by the Constitution and I'll never want anyone's (mine or otherwise) without due process.

Comment

In short here is the 6th amendment

".In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

In the Santa Fe case, the speedy part should be expedited

Comment

Due process. Let it run its course and don't complicate it by riling everybody up. I wish social media would just drop this topic all together. Most opinions on this topic come from misinformation spread by people with personal agendas. Everyone lately is crying how the judge should be voted out of office for letting the trial be moved out of Galveston County. It was the absolute right thing to do to help minimize the possibilities for a mistrial that would have prolonged this for possibly years.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

Thanks for the replies.

Because we are born free! We have a RIGHT to a fair trial. We are INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. It can't be proven until there is a trial.
                      It's not perfect, but it's the best we got.

Comment

This thread has to be a joke...

Comment

Because the govt runs the trial, but govt cant be trusted. So ordinary citizens sit on the jury. Govt for the people, by the people. The founders trusted govt way less than we do today, and for good reason.

Comment

Think about this. Video is not proof. Video can be faked. Witnesses can be created. The news reports what they are told. Govt has that power and ability. Last line of defense is citizens wading through the bull and being 100% certain he is guilty. ( theoretically )

Comment

Yep statutory law says you are presumed innocent unless proven guilty.

Comment

Working...
                              X