2016 f150 water in door.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 f150 water in door.

Has anyone else had a problem with their f150 doors holding water? I took it to the dealer and they said the screens in the door drains got clogged and is kinda common. They said it is probably because I park under trees... the only thing is that I live in an apt complex and my truck stay under a carport all the time. I have a company truck so it doesn't leave from under it mon-Friday. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what you were told.

I have 2011 Silverado and water has been getting in the doors since day one

It has been a different door every time and trees have nothing to do with it.. Parked out it the open no cover for 8 yrs. When water stars sloshing around after a rain I pull the plug and sometime 2 gallons comes out

Comment

2016 f150 crew cab and I leave it outside 100% of the time often under oak trees and havnt noticed any water

Comment

I've got an '05 F250 that does it if it's parked outside on a slope during a good rain. Craziest thing I've seen. If it's on flat ground it's cool but with any kind of incline I come back to wet sun cider and floor mat on the driver side.

Comment

maybe four or five times in 8yrs

Comment

None in my 15 F150

Comment

Not in my F150, but my work Tahoe gets water int he doors. I finally pulled the rubber strip off the bottom to expose the drain holes better.

Comment

Haven't noticed anything in my 17' yet

Comment

Straw that broke the camel's back on a new f250 I traded off last week was rain pouring through the oh **** handles. Floorboards and headliner was wet but no water in doors.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                    Straw that broke the camel's back on a new f250 I traded off last week was rain pouring through the oh **** handles. Floorboards and headliner was wet but no water in doors.
                    What year f250?

Comment

Originally posted by pintail45 View Post
                      what year f250?

Comment

Sunroof?

Comment

No kidding! Man that sucks. Did the dealership do anything for you ?

Comment

Tony, at the bottom of your door, behind the rubber moulding, there is a small paper clip shape/size hole. That is your drain. There may be a plastic rectangle insert over it. Pull that out if you want. Water is going to get in your door. No way around that. Everything that slips past the window and where the side mirrors connect, go down the door. The drain will be at the back corner of the door, that way on acceleration everything drains. Check it out and see it you notice anything there.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                              Tony, at the bottom of your door, behind the rubber moulding, there is a small paper clip shape/size hole. That is your drain. There may be a plastic rectangle insert over it. Pull that out if you want. Water is going to get in your door. No way around that. Everything that slips past the window and where the side mirrors connect, go down the door. The drain will be at the back corner of the door, that way on acceleration everything drains. Check it out and see it you notice anything there.
                              I had pulled all them but nothing came out. The dealer said all the holes were clogged but I feel like that is BS

Comment

Working...
                              X