X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks great

Comment

Originally posted by cam6467 View Post
      Has anyone taken and construction loan through first financial bank? I'm being told that I'll need to come up with 10% upfront in order to borrow (assuming a $250,000 loan).

Anyone have $25,000 I can have? I wish I had a couple million set back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Look local. Not sure what your plans are, but when I built mine I did about half the work myself. Local bank said if it appraises for more than 10% of the loan amount, I didnt have to pay the 10%. It appraised for 48% more than my loan. This was a barndo too.

Comment

barndo

following

Comment

10% is good. We're in a process and I had to come up 25% for a barndo but still looking at my options.

Comment

Just got off the phone with my dirt contractor. He's coming out to build the house pad now that I have my plans in hand.

I used two sisters in Hico for the plans (Hill Country Dwellings). They're pretty good and I got my house plan for a good price.

I'm also meeting with a guy who owns a rock saw. He going to cut a trench I can run my waterline in. I'm looking at about 1,200 feet of trench to dig. Add the cost of pipe and fittings, I'm looking at a decent cost to get water back to the pad.

The next step is getting United Coop out to set a couple of poles for me so I can get some power back to the house.

I knew this was going to be a slow process, but it's slower than I had planned. I'm hoping that the banking side of things is smooth.

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Congrats....one step closer.

If you want to see it done right check out Ronny's (Duckhunter2007) thread awhile back. He and his wife did a lot of it themselves and I must say did a WHALE of a job. He has a whole lot better level skill sets than I do that's for sure! He did a great job chronologically taking us along. It was impressive!

Good luck again.
                I remember that build, Duckhunter has some mad skills!

Comment

Following, this is closely aligned to what i would like to do. different footprint but overall similar plan. I'm presently looking for a bank that will do the construction loan without $$ down, but expected equity built in.

Comment

Just got off the phone with my dirt contractor. He's coming out to build the house pad now that I have my plans in hand.

I used two sisters in Hico for the plans (Hill Country Dwellings). They're pretty good and I got my house plan for a good price.

I'm also meeting with a guy who owns a rock saw. He going to cut a trench I can run my waterline in. I'm looking at about 1,200 feet of trench to dig. Add the cost of pipe and fittings, I'm looking at a decent cost to get water back to the pad.

The next step is getting United Coop out to set a couple of poles for me so I can get some power back to the house.

I knew this was going to be a slow process, but it's slower than I had planned. I'm hoping that the banking side of things is smooth.

I am building a barndo ranch home presently my self. Doing 90+% of the work myself. Going into this I new it was going to be a long process but I have been patient so far. Doing things as time and money allow me too. I have finally got the building up, water and electricity to it. Have done a little work on the big room but stopped until I can get it spray foamed. I plan on getting that done by a contractor soon as that is something I can not do myself.

Again have patience, you are going to have struggles that's for sure but keep focused on the end of the build.

Comment

The house pad has been built. The pictures here were taken about mid way through the process. I actually haven't made it back out there since the pad was built, so I don't really know how it turned out. My brother and dad went and had a look and they say it turned out very nice.

I couldn't afford to have dirt hauled in, so we opted for digging dirt from the property. The area that he dug from is going to need some attention one of these days. It's pretty ugly right now.

At least I have a house pad now!

Comment

Following along.

Comment

This is gonna be great. Keep after it, Cam.

Comment

Long process! It will be worth it

Comment

The house pad has been built. The pictures here were taken about mid way through the process. I actually haven't made it back out there since the pad was built, so I don't really know how it turned out. My brother and dad went and had a look and they say it turned out very nice.

I couldn't afford to have dirt hauled in, so we opted for digging dirt from the property. The area that he dug from is going to need some attention one of these days. It's pretty ugly right now.

At least I have a house pad now!

Be glad you have a place to rob dirt from. We're going to have to bring in around 600 yards of select fill to get off this black gumbo clay!

Comment

Nicely done sir. Keep it going

Comment

Working...
                                X