Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dropped a doe in her tracks with 64Gr SP

Comment

My daughters shot this doe behind the shoulder and she dropped in her tracks.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to kill at least 30 a year with a .223 when doing management work. Shot placement is everything and the upper neck was my target.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Was it just one box? I've shot two boxes at hogs and other varmints over the summer, testing them for my daughter to shoot a deer with and never had a problem. Most bullets exited even large boar.
          Well yeah, I'm no dummy, I'm not spending more money on a bullet that doesent bang.

There is an entire thread on it, wasn't just me or my 1 box

Comment

All my kids have killed with a .223

I've shot lots of hogs with my AR-15 in .223

Comment

If you can get some 60gr NP loaded up pretty hot you've got some good deer medicine there. And you'll get an exit hole I promise.

Comment

I have taken a couple of does and some hogs with a Rem 700 223 with a 16.5in barrel. Reloaded using 25.7 varget with 55 VMax.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                  Yep. My daughter has killed plenty along with a bunch of pigs.

Skinny

What’re you shooting out of that thing bullet wise? Just bought my brothers AR for my girlfriend to reach out on some hogs with and I want to swipe a few doe with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Well yeah, I'm no dummy, I'm not spending more money on a bullet that doesent bang.

There is an entire thread on it, wasn't just me or my 1 box

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ican+whitetail
                    Easy player, ain't calling no one a dummy. I was thinking if you stocked up on heavier hunting .223 bullets during certain "times", maybe you might have had a certain amount of those boxes and tried another box to see if you got a bad batch. I try to buy ammo with batch #'s listed for the very trouble you're having. Unfortunately, the hornady whitetail doesn't have a batch # that I've found.

Comment

Shot 14 Doe and a 6 yr old full buck this past weekend with one. Recovered all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser86 View Post
                        What’re you shooting out of that thing bullet wise? Just bought my brothers AR for my girlfriend to reach out on some hogs with and I want to swipe a few doe with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some bullets I got at a gun show back in the early 90’s. They might be Viet Nam era. Who knows. [emoji12]

Skinny

Comment

The ???'s and debates will go on and on and on....me and the boys have taken critters, including whitetails and hogs, with 223, 222, 22-250, 5.56 and just DRT.

Comment

64 grain Winchester Power Points work well.

Comment

Heart shot w 63 grain soft point. Broke a rib, shattered the heart and lodged behind skin of offside shoulder

Comment

Neck shot this axis, last weekend, with a hornady black .223 75gr. bthp. One shot and DRT. The bullet lodged just under the skin at the point of the off shoulder.
                                The neck shot always puts them down for me, but I'm always ready to put another shot into the vitals while they are down or if they recover and get up...always be ready for that follow-up shot/s if needed. [emoji106]

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X