No announcement yet.

Best UTV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85ish Jeep CJ7 from $3000-$5000. If you really want to spend the cash, the Ranger is the only way to go. I would like to have one, but the jeep gets me everywhere I want to go and I can drive it on the road.

Comment

Ranger

Comment

I have driven rangers, mules and the kubota and IMO the Ranger is by far the best one out there

Comment

Look at the Kawasaki Teryx also. They don't do as much advertising as the Ranger does but it is a sweet machine for work as well as play. It has the 750cc v-twin from the brute force with a little more power for the extra weight. It will hit 50mph and feel stuck to the ground and could go a lot more but it is limited at that speed. Smooth riding and we tow trailers loaded with panels, feed, blinds all day and it doesnt miss a beat. That being said the Rhino and Ranger are great also. Check them all out.
          Last edited by RJK70; 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

X2 on the JEEP!!!!!!! And alot more easy to work on and has more room.
            Last edited by HandiKap Bowhunter; 03-25-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Ranger 6x6... All it needs is a machine gun on top...

Opps nevermind, its prefect

Comment

i sure like rangers

Comment

I personally wont buy a ranger because it is setup like a snowmobile. With a belt driven clutch system from what I understand. However, in all honesty I probably wouldnt buy a UTV either.

I am quite fond of my fourwheelers.

Comment

Ranger! I use the heck out of my 700xp when it comes to hunting and working!

Comment

ranger

Comment

Ranger..for my lease

We have 13,000 ac on the Trinity River that stays wet from October till now. I really wanted to have a good excuse to buy a jeep, but the land owner said no jeeps..(he thinks they tear the roads up) There are ten of us and most have rangers and a few have mini trucks. I am 6' 4" so the mini truck is out of the question. I have never been in a Rhino, I just know they two seaters, I have spent plenty of time in a mule..they are slow and rough...but very reliable. The only problem I have seen on the Rangers is the belts..a few of the guys have replaced the belt more than once over several years..with that being said..we pull bass boats, trailers loaded with corn, and way to much weight most of the time.....Also you can put 20 50lb sacks of corn in the bed of a Ranger...To each his own, but so far my vote is for the Ranger...

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Archer View Post
                          I personally wont buy a ranger because it is setup like a snowmobile. With a belt driven clutch system from what I understand. However, in all honesty I probably wouldnt buy a UTV either.

I am quite fond of my fourwheelers.
                          Buy a UTV and you will sell your fourwheeler. You can't beat UTV's. They are much more than just people movers, which is just about all 4 wheelers are.

Ranger gets my vote all the way.

Comment

I love my Ranger

Comment

Ranger All The Way!

I bought my Ranger brand new in 03 and have over 360hrs. on it. And have never had a lick of problems with it. On burning up the belts, I read a thread about replacing it with a Sportsman 700 belt-it's beefer & quicker on low end torque. So I spent the $40 bucks for it, installed it myself, very easy. For torque, I've pulled my buddy's Jeep that he buried in a ditch with no problem!
                              Ranger All The Way!

Comment

Originally posted by mikem View Post
                                The only problem I have seen on the Rangers is the belts..a few of the guys have replaced the belt more than once over several years..with that being said..we pull bass boats, trailers loaded with corn, and way to much weight most of the time.....Also you can put 20 50lb sacks of corn in the bed of a Ranger...To each his own, but so far my vote is for the Ranger...

If your going thru belts they need to run in Low more and not so much in High, the one out at the lease was doing this and the quail guides who drive some pimped out 6x6 rangers said that was the issue. they carry 4 hunters and 8 dogs on their's I reckon they learned quick

Comment

Working...
                                X