Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn BBQ Doers; BBQ Pic Throwdown II is now UNDERWAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to all the cooks! Enjoyed the food pics and fun

Comment

DUDES! So sorry I'm just now getting back to yall. I may have over booked myself the few days! Anywho... DANG yall turned out some great product! All of you! It was a very tough decision all across the board. TUCO, you've brisket game is strong brother! You were just nugged out of the top position! Jaybo, that chicken set it off. Cooked properly and you took the time to position everything strategically! All in all great contest! When should we do another?! Jaybo, shoot me a PM with your address and i'll get this stuff sent out asap! Thanks everyone for playing along, and I apologize again for my tardiness.

Comment

Originally posted by wes View Post
        2lb Cowboy ribeye. Reverse sear. Cooked at 210 for ~1hour (internal temp of 115), then cranked the egg up to 600 degrees, 1 minute a side, pull it and let it rest for about 10min.

This is after it came out of the fridge. I salted it and left it in the fridge for 24hrs, added pepper and left it out on the counter while the egg is coming up to heat. .

[ATTACH]861031[/ATTACH]

After coming off of the egg topped with some garlic butter.

[ATTACH]861032[/ATTACH]

final product

[ATTACH]861033[/ATTACH]

Tomorrow....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good lord, Wes...you ought to issue a warning with those instructions!

That thing was 2 1/4" thick (I measured) and I actually cut it with a fork.

Comment

Best steak around Dale.. Looks awsome..

Comment

Originally posted by wes View Post
              Best steak around Dale.. Looks awsome..

That kind of thing could ruin a man....can't wait to cook my bride a fillet that way. She likes full medium...but I know it'll still be fork tender.

How you been, amigo? It's been a day or two..

Comment

Doing good Dale. Been alot of years since me, you picou and chicken were tromping around carta valley chasing axis.

Comment

I did a 2" grass fed ribeye the other day. It was very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X