Neighbor wants us to help pay for his high fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
    nope, tell him you'll pay half of the lower part of the fence.
    ^^^^^This sounds fair to me.

Comment

Don't pay for any part of his high fence because if something happens later on you could still be responsible for half.

Comment

Offer some $ if he puts a gate in and gives you a key :P

Comment

It should probably be a few feet on his property line to allow him to maintain it (if he is gonna be neighborly) so you shouldn't pay for a fence on his property

Comment

Nope wouldn't give him a dime.

Comment

Only thing I would split is half of a normal cost of a 4 1/2 foot barbed wire fence the rest is on your neighbor.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
                Only thing I would split is half of a normal cost of a 4 1/2 foot barbed wire fence the rest is on your neighbor.
                I am sure he will take that deal. My neighbor and I did because he wanted goat wire and I wanted barbed wire

Clay

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                  Question I have is, how were the other sides handled? Did you help pay for them or were you even asked?
                  The other high fence side, we weren't asked. The low fence we always replaced and the other neighbors split the cost with us

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    According to the very first post, the OP has a high fence on one side now. The neighbor that asked the OP to pay for half for "the new high fence", will be on 2 sides of his 175 acre tract.
                    My question is, which side is the high fence on now?
                    OP has already stated the new fence would be on the south and west side. Just wondering if this new fence would tie into the high fence already there?
                    Yes, it would.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                      nope, tell him you'll pay half of the lower part of the fence.
                      I'd tell him if he wants a high fence ranch, he can pay 100% of the cost, especially since you don't want it anyway. It'll stop all of the deer traffic across the fence line in/out of your property changing forever your hunting. If he wants his own 1000 acre hunting oasis, let him foot 100% of the bill. I don't see high fences as "the neighborly thing", to me they are the ultimate FU to a neighboring land owner who is a hunter.

I know some on here won't agree with me, but this is America.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                        I'd tell him if he wants a high fence ranch, he can pay 100% of the cost, especially since you don't want it anyway. It'll stop all of the deer traffic across the fence line in/out of your property changing forever your hunting. If he wants his own 1000 acre hunting oasis, let him foot 100% of the bill. I don't see high fences as "the neighborly thing", to me they are the ultimate FU to a neighboring land owner who is a hunter.

I know some on here won't agree with me, but this is America.
                        Lets say you have 1000 acres and your neighbor has 20 acres. You always give young deer a pass and never shoot them. Your neighbor hunts the fence line and shoots every buck he sees as soon as it jumps the fence. How would you feel about a high fence then?

Comment

Could you split the cost of a normal barbed wire fence? If he wants a premium high fence, that additional cost is on him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                            Lets say you have 1000 acres and your neighbor has 20 acres. You always give young deer a pass and never shoot them. Your neighbor hunts the fence line and shoots every buck he sees as soon as it jumps the fence. How would you feel about a high fence then?
                            Are they legal deer?

Comment

If I owned the 20ac you would not know I was killing deer

Let them grow and only shoot 1 every other year or so, not let everyone I know come out and fill their tags

But I understand what you are saying

Best bet would be to meet the big neighbor and let him know I was management minded and help out with chores on the big place when I could

Comment

Id say if a person is driven to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a fence because his neighbor likes to hunt he has some real issues and at a minimum has lost all sence as to what hunting is all about.
                                Last edited by flywise; 08-16-2017, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X