2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hookem84 View Post
    What's good places to eat buy supplies/feed and any other places worth mentioning in the area?
    I just go to Palmers for corn and feed. I set up my own bows, but The Outdoorsman is the local bow shop, and nice guys--don't know how good they are. Probably someone on here can give feedback on their service. Also good to deal with on firearms. Fast food--Rosa's. That may get you a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
      Ha! I'm 10 mins north of Coleman. Where you located?
      I thought so. Wasn't sure if you moved.

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
      Is that San Angelo?
      Read below for best answer HA!

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Close enough but your borderline yankee up there!

Comment

In..it's our second year near Water Valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New to San Angelo Hutning

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          It was a pretty good thread in 2016 again and with protein, cottonseed, alfalfa, turkey and coon killing season coming up it's time to start a new one.

Post up your pics and stories fellas as usual. Hunts, trail camera pics, LDPs, work weekends, new projects, food, drinks, coons and other varmint carnages are all welcome! The more participation (and last year was a great example) the better the thread. Here's to a bountiful 2017 for us Angelo area hunters!
          I will be getting setup this spring on a lease in Tom Green county. Cant wait to see what San Angelo has in store!

Comment

Was really considering looking for a lease out there, but I'm concerned about that drive all the time from Longview

Comment

I like to hit the Hidalgos up on the north side (near the feed stores) for my favorite west Texas delicacy, enchiladas with a fried egg in top.

Comment

Mmmmm Hidalgos! The one is Christoval is pretty **** good for a hole in the wall mexican joint!

Comment

Screw climbing ladders or at least tall ladders any more
                  These Groundhuggers are the only feeders our landowner allows, I was a little skeptical at first, but they are awesome. Coon-proof, super easy to fill and the deer don't seem as skittish. Also, easy to MacGyver it into a directional feeder. A little pricey but worth it in my opinion. You can pick them up at West Texas Game Feeders on Chadbourne.
                  Attached Files

Comment

interesting, i've thought about cutting legs and adding cattle panel to the bottoms of my feeders to make them "stand and fill"

Comment

Comment

Mmmmm Hidalgos! The one is Christoval is pretty **** good for a hole in the wall mexican joint!
                        x2

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          I like angelo pellets on deer protein and Palmers on corn normally. Both on north side of town.
                          Yep

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                            These Groundhuggers are the only feeders our landowner allows, I was a little skeptical at first, but they are awesome. Coon-proof, super easy to fill and the deer don't seem as skittish. Also, easy to MacGyver it into a directional feeder. A little pricey but worth it in my opinion. You can pick them up at West Texas Game Feeders on Chadbourne.
                            Why is it all he allows?

TBHer supersport on our place built one just like it and had some issues. I'm not sure why or how but he had to end up raising it off the ground 3 foot because of them
                            Last edited by Smart; 01-25-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Why is it all he allows?

TBHer supersport on our place built one just like it and had some issues. I'm not sure why or how but he had to end up raising it off the ground 3 foot because of them
                              I think he's had issues in the past with hunters leaving low-quality equipment out there for him to clean up later and he believes these are the best built feeders around. After using them for a season, I tend to agree with him, plus they are super easy to fill. Also easy to get hand corn out of if you left your hand corn in the truck and easy to set off when you are getting in the blind and don't have a remote.

These have a spring loaded mechanism that prevents any loose corn from being stolen, works great. The only coons we have on camera are at water troughs where we hand corn.

Comment

Originally posted by TxNurse View Post
                                I just go to Palmers for corn and feed. I set up my own bows, but The Outdoorsman is the local bow shop, and nice guys--don't know how good they are. Probably someone on here can give feedback on their service. Also good to deal with on firearms. Fast food--Rosa's. That may get you a start.
                                I've always had good service at the Outdoorsman. If you go in for something, they have a bow range in their basement so you can make sure you're set up properly.

Rosa's is pretty good if you're in a hurry, but Franco's and Armenta's are the places to go for West Texas Mexican Food!

Comment

Working...
                                X