X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 34" Axis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

My most recent was this axis a week or so ago with the new Mathews bow. Not the biggest I've killed but any good axis buck with a bow is a plus

Comment

This muley I took in New Mexico would be my most memorable . We glassed him at long range & had to cross a deep canyon & sneak through heavy brush to find him once we got over there. Actually we were on a different buck & I found that one & as I was waiting for some does to get out of the way this one stood up in the brush. As soon as he stepped clear I shot.

My bull comes real close ,because my wife was there & helped cut him up so we could pack him out & he came out while I was looking behind us. I had heard some cows. When I turned around my wife was trying to get my attention. She had seen him walk out & he was so close she couldn't say anything. Very proud of both of these ,because of the scouting & glassing to find them & then work in for a shot.

Last edited by DUKFVR; 04-21-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

It's really hard to just pick one of mine that I'm most proud of. I'm proud of each and everyone.

I can narrow it down I guess to my two favorite/unique bow bucks.

I have always wanted a big 9 point and was fortunate to kill a dream deer for me in 2015. His official P&Y score was gross 149" and net 137 5/8".
          I know I'll never kill another 9pt like him.

My most unique bow buck was a deer I called "Trashy" ... 2014.
          He has 14 scoreable points, an extra main beam and heavy...His lowest mass is 36 1/8".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
            I killed this deer this year on family land. He is my best archery buck to date and I killed him on a place with many memories of hunts from when I was just a kid. I grew up hunting this property with my cousins. From numerous first deer to now this deer, I have had some good times with friends and family, and I hope I only get to continue it.
            Very cool buck, Hunter.

Congrats again....

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
              Mine was this one with my Dad and it was also our last hunt together. We hunted together from Mid November till late December when he finally took this buck. At 86, it was his biggest buck he ever took in all his years of hunting and it was to be his last hunt. He passed away 2 yrs and 3 months later. I had it mounted and put in my parents home.
              Well that's the winner, hands down. Great story

Comment

Man this thread is chock full of great trophies. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                  Man this thread is chock full of great trophies. Love it!
                  Agreed 100%!

Comment

Casting Topwaters and smashed in over 6,000 ft of water. Hooked up for over an hour on 50lb test line - over 100lbs.

You hook a tuna over 100lbs in super deep water - it's on all the way down......EVERY BIT OF WHAT YOU GOT AND THEN SOME!

There isn't a fish that swims that can fight like a tuna over 100 lbs - it's pure Masochistic! Pelagics, marlin, sailfish, swordfish etc.....they all head to the surface. Not the Tuna..........they go straight down and they fight to the death. Never giving up.........no let off, it's pureness from a solid connect and kill game.

I hunted for years, shot stuff from mule deer, antelope, passed on big butt bears, whitetails in South Texas and States many here, never hunted. None of it even compares to the world offshore, thousands of feet of pelagic filled water.......sorry, just doesn't go there for me.

With this animal - you first have to trick it into hammering the lure - CASTED not TROLLED and then the BATTLE IS ON - LIKE DONKEY KONG! Decks pitching, folks puking and only the hardcore prevail.

No 3 lb triggers, no 70 lb pull with 50% or better let off.........and getting seasick when the Gulf rolls 7 - 15 ft.

Hunting to me.....got too easy. This ISN'T EASY!

No sleep for 3 days........solid fishing in seas offshore with a small group of men. No rules, no regulations excluding Federal fishing regulations........pirates living on the edge. Hunting simply got stale - this never get's stale........living life on the Marine edge - some can dig it and MANY can't!

We bowfish barracuda around 20 - 30 lbs - YAWN

Comment

Awesome Cape who did the taxi work? Think I saw your mount in the taxidermists shop.

Mine would be a toss up between my 30" aoudad and my best mulie to date both killed spot and stalk within 200 yards of each other two years apart
                      Attached Files

Comment

my 200lb 144 inch west Texas 8 point

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                          Casting Topwaters and smashed in over 6,000 ft of water. Hooked up for over an hour on 50lb test line - over 100lbs.

You hook a tuna over 100lbs in super deep water - it's on all the way down......EVERY BIT OF WHAT YOU GOT AND THEN SOME!

There isn't a fish that swims that can fight like a tuna over 100 lbs - it's pure Masochistic! Pelagics, marlin, sailfish, swordfish etc.....they all head to the surface. Not the Tuna..........they go straight down and they fight to the death. Never giving up.........no let off, it's pureness from a solid connect and kill game.

I hunted for years, shot stuff from mule deer, antelope, passed on big butt bears, whitetails in South Texas and States many here, never hunted. None of it even compares to the world offshore, thousands of feet of pelagic filled water.......sorry, just doesn't go there for me.

With this animal - you first have to trick it into hammering the lure - CASTED not TROLLED and then the BATTLE IS ON - LIKE DONKEY KONG! Decks pitching, folks puking and only the hardcore prevail.

No 3 lb triggers, no 70 lb pull with 50% or better let off.........and getting seasick when the Gulf rolls 7 - 15 ft.

Hunting to me.....got too easy. This ISN'T EASY!

No sleep for 3 days........solid fishing in seas offshore with a small group of men. No rules, no regulations excluding Federal fishing regulations........pirates living on the edge. Hunting simply got stale - this never get's stale........living life on the Marine edge - some can dig it and MANY can't!

We bowfish barracuda around 20 - 30 lbs - YAWN

I have to say, I enjoy seeing big antlers in binos/scope, but I do have to agree, the offshore game is awesome. I need to go with ya'll on your next off shore trip. Honestly, I have great memories of both hunting and fishing, but my true love is offshore.

Comment

180" New Mexico Mule Deer

140" Hill Country Whitetail shared with my oldest son

. My first and only elk, 5x6 from Mew Mexico

Comment

I've killed a few decent bucks, but my favorite is a good morning in the duck woods. There's one place in the world you can do it like this, and it's in my back yard. I've grown out of taking it for granted.

Watching that first group of the season tip into the same tree tops my great grandfather watched is always a huge "trophy".
                              Attached Files

Comment

It was a bob white quail....that looked just like any other hen bob white quail. Wish I had pictures from that day. I can see them clear as day though.

Comment

Working...
                                X