Dewalt weed eater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
    Get the hell out of here!! I'm going to sleep on that one!!
    Yup!

Comment

Update on the weedeater;

This thing is awesome. It doesn't have the power of my Still, but thats a commercial version so I never expected it to. It has power like a decent seedeater from a box store. The batteries last longer than I thought they would. The best thing about it is its so light and quiet. You get much less fatigued using this due to the weight and the lack of noise/vibration compared to a gas powered.

On a side note, the dewater string is the best I've ever used. I weedeat around some cattle panel fences and the normal stuff gets torn up quick. The dealt stuff is incredibly tough.

If you didn't have a bunch of 20v dealt tools, I probably wouldn't recommend it, but I have a bunch of batteries charged every day, so its easy for me to plug one in and got, without dealing with mixed gas and fiddling with a seedeater to get it started.

Comment

I've been toying with this idea for a few months. You've got me sold on a "dealt seedeater"... whatever the hell that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
          I've been toying with this idea for a few months. You've got me sold on a "dealt seedeater"... whatever the hell that is.

Haha!!! Literally laughed out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post

Lol apparently auto correct doesn't like "dewalt weedeater"

Comment

I have the 40 volt dewalt and its a beast, my wife could never get the Stihl started without me there so I bought her this and it chews through the weeds.

Comment

In all seriousness, I'm glad to see good reviews. I'm probably going to pull the trigger on one my dang self.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                  That's how I've always been. And I have nothing bad to say about my stihl. Just wonder if this would be easier and cleaner.
                  stihl makes commercial grade battery powered trimmers

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                    Saw those, but I wanted to stick with the dewalt system to keep all my batteries the same.

Comment

I used an electric because my gas trimmer needed fixed and my Dad had it in his garage.

I haven't gone back to the gas one yet. Not nearly as much power, but the ease of just grabbing it and going easily makes that up for me.

The gas one is fixed, and I have the attachments for my gas one that include the edger and stuff, but that electric one was nowhere near the downgrade I thought it would be.
                      Last edited by jer_james; 04-21-2017, 10:03 AM.

Comment

What kind of stihl weedeater do you have?..

Comment

I got tired of temperamental 2 stoke trimmers (had an Echo for years) and I bought a 56v EGO trimmer last summer.

Great purchase - I have an acre and I never looked back!

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                            Is that the one you plug in instead of changing batteries? Was told about one like that recently that was loved by the owner

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                              Is that the one you plug in instead of changing batteries? Was told about one like that recently that was loved by the owner

The one my stihl rep brought me had a battery you could plug into the unit itself, or a battery backpack that had a cord that plugged into the trimmer. It was plenty powerful too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                What kind of stihl weedeater do you have?..
                                fs100 rx i believe

Comment

Working...
                                X