No announcement yet.

Update: Lavon COE deer hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I lived close to huntable COE land. I live about 6 minutes from Lavon and I also fish Lavon when there's enough water in it.
    The areas I want to duck hunt, have not been fishable during the duck season in recent years, just pockets of shallow water perfect for duck hunting from a layout blind...

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJanow View Post
      LOL plenty of water? There's two boat ramps open on the whole lake, both of which are one the south end. How are you even getting to water (with cover) that holds ducks?
      well i guess u just gotta know what youre doing... u gotta mountain bike?

Comment

Best duck hunting I've seen was when the lake was at its lowest point one year.......for the walk in guys that is.....lol....I had to start by shells by the case....lol....

Comment

is there any good hog hunting there

Comment

Nope

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
              Best duck hunting I've seen was when the lake was at its lowest point one year.......for the walk in guys that is.....lol....I had to start by shells by the case....lol....
              I need to retract part of this statement...............I've never seen the the lake as low as it is now......barely any water on the north/west portion.....goodness.....saw very few ducks today......

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                I need to retract part of this statement...............I've never seen the the lake as low as it is now......barely any water on the north/west portion.....goodness.....saw very few ducks today......
                LOL it is VERY low. Pretty sad actually.

Comment

Originally posted by BassProJD View Post
                  Nope
                  Liar

Comment

Originally posted by BassProJD View Post
                    I dunno where youre hunting but theres plenty of water and ducks..
                    Shhhh..... Come on Saturday!!!

Comment

Lavon is always a fun hunt. Won't be hunting it till by son learns how to dodge steel shot.
                      It would be nice if they opened a lottery for deer there, archery only.

Comment

The swine on unit 2 must be getting worse. I noticed the other day Neil Sperry fenced his place off with hog wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          The swine on unit 2 must be getting worse. I noticed the other day Neil Sperry fenced his place off with hog wire.

He's been trapping them for a yr or two also

Comment

Lots of sign of hogs in that unit. Im hunting in one of the units around there and had a young spike walk out yesterday. Scared the poo outta him lol

Comment

The gardening guy on the radio owns property that borders lavon COE?, well that explains alot ...

Comment

Live near him. Noticed the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X