$8 Treestand, Pallet Ladder Stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$8 Treestand, Pallet Ladder Stands

Got some decent work done this weekend on the stands, and took a few pics so you could see how we build them. Like I said in the older post on pallet stands, they ain't pretty, but they work, and they are mighty cheap!

The ladders are built with either carpet or roofing felt pallets attached to standard skids.
    The hang-on stands are built either from 2x4 scrap or from a 10' 2x10. Either way, they run under $10. I pad the seat with underlayment then cover it with waterproof foam.

The tripod was a half DIY... got it with no seat, no platform, just the tree legs, ladder and top connector. Since I can't weld, everything gets added on with wood. Use a penetrating stain then several coats of outdoor paint which we get free, since my hunting buddy runs a paint company, and we use leftovers.
    Attached Files

All I can say is REDNECK!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
      All I can say is REDNECK!!!!
      That's the idea!!! We have 4 ladders and 3 treestands for under $50!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishRedneck View Post
        Thats awesome. Nice work.

Comment

looks good

Comment

nice work

Comment

Nice work!

(Just be sure to spend part of what you saved on a safety harness!)

Michael
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

All I wanna know is - why is there a 12' tripod still in the box in photo #2

Comment

Originally posted by Gringo23 View Post
                  All I wanna know is - why is there a 12' tripod still in the box in photo #2
                  Just got 2 of them this weekend at academy for $80...score!
                  Will be putting them up sept 5th when the previous lesees get off our new place!

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about! Something from nothing...my favorite.

You got 2 stands for $80!?!

Comment

I use to build those wooden ladder stands when I was a kid in Georgia. That was before all the modern equipment was available. Long time ago. We use to sit on top of plastic milk crates with a boat cushion. Those were great times in the woods. You just helped bring back alot of great memories with this thread! Thanks!

Comment

Please be careful, Wood and weather can be dangerous. WEAR A HARNESS

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishRedneck View Post
                          What ever it takes to get it done right!
                          Some people on here dont remember when they didint have lock-ons or climbers, ladder or tripod stands.

Comment

Good job ER. Ya did yourself proud. How do you attach your stands to the tree? Used cable, chain or bailing wire?

Comment

I agree completely, NOT pretty. But very functional

Comment

Working...
                              X