Laguna atascosa Emergency hunt-April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nilgai bull

I posted pics and story on "Laguna Atascosa hunters..where are you?" thread. Attached a pic here too.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
      I posted pics and story on "Laguna Atascosa hunters..where are you?" thread. Attached a pic here too.
      Nice bull. Congrats

Comment

Congrats! Nice looking Bull.

Comment

IMO it is like most refuges, they are run primarily by environmentalists who are not proponents of hunting. Every weekend that is open to hunting closes part of the refuge to research and general public use. To compound the issue, the majority of the visitors to these parks are not hunters so it is easier to explain that the refuge is closed for a weekend for the efficient removal of a nuisance than it is to explain that it is closed due to a monthly hunt. I believe this is also one of the reasons that many draw hunts are scheduled during the week.

If you look at most states it is clear that economics do not drive the decision making process when it comes to wildlife population control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by onthetake View Post
            Last time it was public comments that stopped the helicopter slaughter. Stopping the helicopter shoots is why there is why there are so many nilgia right now as evident by the success hunters enjoyed in this year's hunts. It's a shame so many hunters are willing to pay for the opportunity to utilize this public resource but they only allow a handful of hunts. I already sent an email protesting the helicopter shoots without first giving every public hunter the chance to utilize this public resource. When they.run put of people willing to pay to hunt then they can resort to chopper shoots.
            The name of the company is Broken Arrow. This company was the one hired to do the helicopter hunts. This company is making a killing on this meat and all we can do is watch. In the meantime "Joe Public" is willing pay for these hunts, instead if you want the meat you have to buy it from "Broken Arrow". I too sent an email protesting the hunts. In my opinion, Texas probably has the least public land than most other states and by allowing a company to hunt them out of helicopter you take away the "Public Land" status and turn it into private land. I really hope they don't bring have those helicopter hunts anymore and allow the public to pay and hunt them.

Comment

I agree on the lack of public hunting in this state. Refuge hunting is one of the few places. I know in Wisconsin if they did helicopter hunts there would be an uproar.

Comment

Code:
                i
                Originally posted by Brown E View Post
                I agree on the lack of public hunting in this state. Refuge hunting is one of the few places. I know in Wisconsin if they did helicopter hunts there would be an uproar.
                Can't even compare this to Wisconsin hunting. They aren't shooting white tails out of the choppers, they're shooting an invasive species. And when 40 hunters harvest 8, you can't say we can control the population by allowing to people to. hunt.

Comment

Working...
                X