Well a general contractor got me .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and my wife live in a little old home in liberty tx. We have been trying to get alot of stuff cleaned up and repaired in our home the last 6 months due to us trying to adopt a child . We have had several threads on here asking about adoption and are going thru depelchin in Houston, we are getting close to being put on the list for a open home for a kid .

So back to the house, we have a small simple kitchen that we were trying to update before our home study from the agency and had a guy come and give us a bid, we gave him a large portion of the money for the materials and for him to start, (first mistake on our part). He stripped our kitchen and everything was going good, then the excuses start rolling in and he's no showing, long story short it's been over a month and our kitchen is 50 percent done by him and I have my granite on site also. He will not return any calls and has fallen off the face of the earth. My wife cooked him dinner every evening he showed up in the beginning, sent him home with cake even . Nice as we could be . Now we are stuck with a tore up kitchen and cant find anyone to help us complete it and finish it. I may have to start watching you tube and learn how to do it myself. Does anyone have any leads or know someone that would be interested in helping us get this finished ? Backsplash , a little wall texture work, install some granite . That's the most of it. Thank you in advance for any leads .

That blows. It seems like its gettinf harder and harder to find trustworthy and dependable tradesmen.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like he got his Christmas money

Comment

I met this guy last night. Don’t know anything about them but he seemed like a good dude.

Comment

Is he out of Houston i guess ?

Comment

This the biggest gamble most of us will ever take unless we are fortunate enough to know a good, reliable contractor. Hard to believe, but one of our church members is a contractor and stiffed the church on a job!

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Shoot Him! JK, but that sucks big time and there are a lot like that unfortunately. I hope you get things worked out and get you place finished!

Comment

Sounds like we got a hunt! Who is he?

Comment

I am in Tarkington. I am pretty handy, I can come and help with anything you need. We are just finishing up our house from the flood, I am working to finish the back splash now.

Let me know what you need, I will try and help. I did watch them install our granite I hope you had it cut and fit to the cabinets.

Comment

Rule of thumb with contractors is if they say they need money for materials than don’t use them. Every good contractor I have ever used has enough of their own money to cover initial materials, then you pay in increments along the way as certain milestones are completed. The ones who “needed money up front for materials” have almost always effed us over.

Comment

Dirt bags everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                          Me and my wife live in a little old home in liberty tx. We have been trying to get alot of stuff cleaned up and repaired in our home the last 6 months due to us trying to adopt a child . We have had several threads on here asking about adoption and are going thru depelchin in Houston, we are getting close to being put on the list for a open home for a kid .

So back to the house, we have a small simple kitchen that we were trying to update before our home study from the agency and had a guy come and give us a bid, we gave him a large portion of the money for the materials and for him to start, (first mistake on our part). He stripped our kitchen and everything was going good, then the excuses start rolling in and he's no showing, long story short it's been over a month and our kitchen is 50 percent done by him and I have my granite on site also. He will not return any calls and has fallen off the face of the earth. My wife cooked him dinner every evening he showed up in the beginning, sent him home with cake even . Nice as we could be . Now we are stuck with a tore up kitchen and cant find anyone to help us complete it and finish it. I may have to start watching you tube and learn how to do it myself. Does anyone have any leads or know someone that would be interested in helping us get this finished ? Backsplash , a little wall texture work, install some granite . That's the most of it. Thank you in advance for any leads .
                          Post up his name and let's see if anyone knows him

Comment

Surely there has to be some sort of paperwork/contract you both signed that would enable you to pursue a legal route to get your money back.

Hope it all works out and sorry you have to have this stress added to the already stressing adoption process.

Comment

Need help on any electrical work? I can help there. I also know a lot of trustworthy people in the construction industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X