Ozone safe levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
    If you're smelling it or breathing it in, you're doing it wrong. It is supposed to be above your head on the downwind side of you so it would always be blowing away from you... only time I smell it when I'm hunting is when the wind momentarily swirls
    Like I trust medical advice from a woman...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
      Like I trust medical advice from a woman...
      Bahahahahaha!

Comment

I placed a borrowed one inside above my shooting window aimed outward but had it on boost and it made my lungs burn after an hour. I'm assuming I need to put it on regular setting and see if I can tolerate it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I placed a borrowed one inside above my shooting window aimed outward but had it on boost and it made my lungs burn after an hour. I'm assuming I need to put it on regular setting and see if I can tolerate it more.
          I assume the window you placed it above had the wind blowing in and you didn't have another window open. If this is the case, open another window that is down wind and place it above that window. Now if your like me, I only like one window open so it stays as dark as possible in the blind and so animals can't see through the blind and me when I move. This is why I put mine on top of the blind in the center. This may not work well with big blinds, I use mine with popup blinds with only one small shooting window open and with it on top it works very good. I also connected a long power cord to it and run the cord inside the blind and then hook it to a 12V feeder battery. This way I can still turn the unit off and on from inside the blind. You may ask why I would want to be able to turn it on and off, the real answer is you don't need to but I've done it on several occasions when I had several deer in front of me that were not shooters and I wanted to see if the ozonics was the reason they were feeding down wind without spooking. On every occasion, a couple of minutes after I turned it off, the deer would start sniffing the air and then leave. I would then turn it back on and most of those same deer would come back and start feeding again. Now I never would recommend hunting a setup with the wind blowing to your feed but sometimes when you make a long trip to hunt for a couple of days and the wind is wrong, you have a choice, don't hunt at all or risk it. I will say I have had virtually no luck using ozonics when hunting in a open air stand like a tree stand or tripod. I mount it right above my head yet still get busted when the animals come in down wind. Now I haven't tried their new unit so maybe it will work better in open air stands since it puts out more ozone but I kind of doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
            I assume the window you placed it above had the wind blowing in and you didn't have another window open. If this is the case, open another window that is down wind and place it above that window. Now if your like me, I only like one window open so it stays as dark as possible in the blind and so animals can't see through the blind and me when I move. This is why I put mine on top of the blind in the center. This may not work well with big blinds, I use mine with popup blinds with only one small shooting window open and with it on top it works very good. I also connected a long power cord to it and run the cord inside the blind and then hook it to a 12V feeder battery. This way I can still turn the unit off and on from inside the blind. You may ask why I would want to be able to turn it on and off, the real answer is you don't need to but I've done it on several occasions when I had several deer in front of me that were not shooters and I wanted to see if the ozonics was the reason they were feeding down wind without spooking. On every occasion, a couple of minutes after I turned it off, the deer would start sniffing the air and then leave. I would then turn it back on and most of those same deer would come back and start feeding again. Now I never would recommend hunting a setup with the wind blowing to your feed but sometimes when you make a long trip to hunt for a couple of days and the wind is wrong, you have a choice, don't hunt at all or risk it. I will say I have had virtually no luck using ozonics when hunting in a open air stand like a tree stand or tripod. I mount it right above my head yet still get busted when the animals come in down wind. Now I haven't tried their new unit so maybe it will work better in open air stands since it puts out more ozone but I kind of doubt it.
            I was in a t reestand and had 6 does come in from directly downwind of me last weekend with an approximately 8-9mph wind and they didn't act like they knew I was there...

Comment

What about those scent crusher ozone dispensers that you plug into your truck adapter? Supposed to kill scent in the cab of your truck and you can definitely smell it.

Comment

Originally posted by sheltonsykes View Post
                What about those scent crusher ozone dispensers that you plug into your truck adapter? Supposed to kill scent in the cab of your truck and you can definitely smell it.
                You should use one like that or a home unit when your not there. Preferably

It's Monday, any other opinions or testimonials??

Comment

No...from my back/right side. SW with a west blind. I wouldn't use it if the wind was blowing into the blind as I don't seem to have many issues ...and yes...one window open...and yes....long drives make us hunt some less than stellar winds which is why I was hoping the Ozone lower level wouldn't choke me out like the boost.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0381.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	24514686

Feeder is now a directional and not in view but you get the picture

Click image for larger version

Name:	00Seismic view1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	24514687
                  Last edited by Smart; 10-16-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    It may be affecting your memory too
                    lol

Comment

Guess I might have to give the thing a try. $300 is a lot just to try out...

Comment

ttt

Comment

First of all, your not supposed to put it in your blind. It should be placed at the top of your downwind window or what I do is set it on the top of the blind. If you use it right, there are no health risks except for maybe when that big buck steps out in your shooting lane your heart may feel like it's about to explode.
                          X2

Comment

Awesome reply. I’m digging the idea of connecting it to a feeder battery. I got lucky when the Gander Mountain close to me was closing and waited until all the accessories went to 70% off. I grabbed all 4 of the XL batteries that they had. It would still be nice to run it to a power source instead of having to recharge all the batteries. If you are talking about the 200HR, I didn’t realize that was an option. How did you connect your power source?

My experience in open blinds has been better with my ozonics than without it, but I’ve still been busted a couple of times. Are you running it on boost mode in an open blind and still getting busted most of the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                              Guess I might have to give the thing a try. $300 is a lot just to try out...
                              If you drink enough beer, it will negate the effects of ozone,
                              just my humble opinion.

Comment

So in my situation wind has been blowing in my face most hunts with maybe some cross wind. I keep two of my 4 window in my krivo closed. Should I not use the ozonics in there? I have been mounting it above my head and sometimes no windows open just running in the blindfor a little to kill odor before the feeder goes off.

I can usually smell it when it's on.
                                What exactly does it do to you?

Guess I should read up more. I usually won't hunt a blind if there if there's a completely wrong wind.

Guess what I'm saying is I usually don't have a down wind window open to point the ozonics at

Comment

Working...
                                X