Conex Cabin Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conex Cabin Questions

I know a few on here have built them. I going to have a Conex delivered to my place in Missouri in a few weeks and will be turning it into a place for the wife and I to stay in for a few weekends and maybe even a hunt or two every year. Insulation what have you used (I am going to have lots of shade but it is the Ozark's so lots of humidity condensation might be an issue)? What is the best way to cut out the sides for windows and A/C (I have seen torch cut openings get pretty wavy)? What is the best way to attach studs to interior (I have been told to nail down bottom track but what about top plate and ceiling)? I am sure I will have a few more questions.

Bboswell has a thread over in DIY

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I screwed down the walls to the floor then used the ceiling framing to hold the top of the walls against the container.
      One of these would work great to cut the ac hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the input so far.

Comment

Conex Cabin Questions

If it will be in a humid environment I would strongly suggest running the a/c when not there or getting a dehumidifier. I'm not sure how effective damprid would be but it may work. I do know we have one in burleson county and had a mildew issue before we left the ac running when not there.
          I built ours it if a 40' container and left about 12' on one end as a garage for the ranger and had an end wall with door and window. When I left the door and window closed the garage wasn't being climate controlled and mildew started on the ceiling.
          Just something to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X