Rocker B had a good year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocker B had a good year

I had some friends that use to hunt this place, until they gave their spot up in the mid 90s.

I'd say they had a good year too. Congrats to the ranch and their hunters.

Comment

Ya think? I know one of the guys on that page. He hunts there every year. He has some nice deer from the place.

Comment

Amazing.

I've seen a few references to the Rocker B at the Scottish Rite Hospital where Blaine goes, but never made the connection until recently.

The Rocker b Ranch in West Texas is a traditional working ranch working for a good cause. While Rocker b cowboys are breaking horses, branding calves and mending fences, the profit of their labor is put to good use in a bright colorful environment where doctors are fixing bones, mending hearts and giving children a second chance at life.

The ranch, one of the largest single chunks of ranch land under one fence in the state, is owned and operated by the nonprofit Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas. Sen. William A. Blakley donated the ranch and its interests to the hospital many years ago and since then the ranch has contributed greatly to the operating budget of the hospital. Rocker b also stands as a preserve of the best of ranching and cowboy culture.
        Source
        Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Do they have any bucks left? That is incredible to get all that off one ranch!

Comment

very good season

Comment

Originally posted by Oz_Ag View Post
              Do they have any bucks left? That is incredible to get all that off one ranch!
              I forget the exact amount, but the Rocker B is somewhere around 200 sections... 200 x's 640 ='s 128,000 acres. Thats not exact but I just cant remember exactly how many sections.
              I bet they have some deer left

Comment

Man thats some good dear. wonder how much $$$$$$$$$$

Comment

The Rocker B is 177,000 acres. I sure they still have a few left. We usually quail hunt there every year, but they called a few weeks ago and told us not to bother. Bird numbers are ok, but the cover is too thick and too hard to find. I'm bummed.

Comment

Oh they have plenty! This is just what they entered into the TBGA and not all the deer taken off the ranch. WestTexasAgent is near there and yall know the size and number of big bucks he has on his 700 acre place not to mention the ones he doesn't post.
                    I have worked on this Rocker B ranch several times and its a deer hunters paradise! I was told the 191 inch deer the teenage girl shot was not even the biggest they had come across this past season.They had one over 200 inches running around that never got shot and thats a incredible deer for low fence property if you ask me.I had a friend that hunted next to the Rocker B and his place sucked "I guess the deer know the better safer place to grow up on" lol
                    I have known the border properties to shoot up the place and thats why they suck I'm sure.You do hear of several Big deer that get killed around the Rocker B every year though but I'm sure its not up to Rocker B par! lol
                    Ketchum Mountain ranch is not to far from there and its a great place also.The biggest factor to the Rocker B success is the management and bordering another 320 some odd section Suggs Ranch helps immensely I'll bet!
                    These two ranches are incredible and the Suggs ranch has taken one deer scoring 245 killed by the owner a couple of years back.I would have to say that both these low fenced ranches would rival any South Texas place any day. Rocker B is on the map now but I gotta give the Suggs credit for keeping their ranch a well kept secret for decades now. They kill several 170-180 class deer every year plus a few GIANTS that rarely get talked about.
                    Look back in the TBGA for IKE SUGGS in the 05-06 season under Irion county and see his 245 inch entry.
                    San Angelo is a great place for whitetail and the Stone ranch is another well kept secret along with many many others that kill 150-190 class deer every year consistently.
                    I'm glad I live here! lol

Comment

I hunted turkey out there a couple years back, and while I was there I was informed it was 179,000 acres taking up 2 seperate counties Tom Green and I cant remember the other one. But its like 26 mile long fencelines or somethin! HUGE place, and beautiful country with LOADS of wildlife out there!!! if you get the chance to hunt it...DO NOT under any circumstances miss it! otherwise you'll regret it!

Comment

im hunting on part of the suggs next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by JONES45LC View Post
                          im hunting on part of the suggs next weekend
                          U do know Suggs owns like 80% of irion county... Or at least it seems that they do! Have fun, there's some good ones out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Concho Man View Post
                            U do know Suggs owns like 80% of irion county... Or at least it seems that they do! Have fun, there's some good ones out there.
                            ive seen some big ones that have been taken off there this is my first time to hunt there hope we can get a nice one

Comment

Working...
                            X