Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ttt

Comment

So a question I've got. If I wanted to try making the sausage and but don't have a smokehouse. Would you have similar results by just bagging when made and tossing on a smoker like a brisket, I know it won't take too long to cook, but it would still get some smoke, correct? Wouldn't need the cure either would you?

Comment

Originally posted by dmk View Post
        So a question I've got. If I wanted to try making the sausage and but don't have a smokehouse. Would you have similar results by just bagging when made and tossing on a smoker like a brisket, I know it won't take too long to cook, but it would still get some smoke, correct? Wouldn't need the cure either would you?
        yes...that would be fine for a make it, smoke it til done and eat it....but if you want to make a lot that way and freeze it, you would would be basically freezing leftovers...

Comment

Would just smoke as I needed, no putting a bunch away - I agree on leftovers. I figured it would be ok, just didn't know if there were other reasons. Just sharing smoked ready to cook is easier for others to heat up I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dmk View Post
            Would just smoke as I needed, no putting a bunch away - I agree on leftovers. I figured it would be ok, just didn't know if there were other reasons. Just sharing smoked ready to cook is easier for others to heat up I guess.
            We are smoking to add flavor for a future cook....100-400lbs at a time. Smoking to cook and eat right now is fine in small quantities but the reheat is not as good as what we do cold smoking for future cooks.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Can you post a photo of trhe new firebox. This is a great thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by courtatlawjudge View Post
                  Can you post a photo of trhe new firebox. This is a great thread!!

Here you go pre-paint........buddy has one that is 2 foot and it works just fine as well. Mine is 36" and the grate and stack are removable for use with the smoke house.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Firebox7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	24259718

Last edited by Smart; 10-28-2013, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Bump with sausage making season coming upon us...

Comment

Man, I gotta get up off my azz.....

Comment

Here's mine at work. Thanks for the plans, Jason!

Comment

DIY Sausage Smokehouse

Very nice Scotty!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Very nice Scotty!
                              And everything you see, except the piping and roof vent, was scrounged. As in, no cost.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                                And everything you see, except the piping and roof vent, was scrounged. As in, no cost.
                                That's the best kind

Comment

Working...
                                X