LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
    I can’t find it on the FS website. Do they restrict the shot type on LBJ? I know some places want buck shot, others slug only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No restrictions on shot. Slugs and buckshot are allowed.

Comment

Had some co-workers out at TADRA late last night stargazing and the FS Officer came up to talk. He was out investigating a gunshot after hours. They said he told them some stories that would make your hair stand up. One in particular related to the kind of work we are in. 3 Syrians with nothing but AK's and a chicken.

I'm going out early Tuesday morning for my first ever deer hunt. Hope I get lucky. If not at least I got to be out in the woods and enjoy nature.

Comment

There is no telling what happens on LBJ being public and 100% accessible. I'm sure Froggy could write a book on it.

Comment

I bow see why some folks have problems ever seeing deer. 7:45 this morning and a guy is out here in front of me in stalk mode with his bow and on his phone and walking around. After about 5-10 minutes he finally saw me and moved on.

Comment

Is the rut over in wise county?

Comment

Made my way out for a allday weekday sit. Seen 2 doe.
              The woods are stirring...
              I've got the place to myself. Figured there would be folks out with it being Thanksgiving week.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                There is no telling what happens on LBJ being public and 100% accessible. I'm sure Froggy could write a book on it.
                Back in the 90's it was open to target shooting out there. I was amazed how many folks legally owned full auto weapons. Target shooters were our worst trash offenders. Regulations were changed in the mid 90's to no target shooting. The FS was put on notice by the neighbors lawyers. One had 14 holes in his roof. A round came through his window and and lodged in his recliner. His kids playhouse had five bullet holes. We dealt with militia members, KKK, bigfoot hunters, meth labs, stolen cars, poachers, trash dumping and the list goes on. It does seem much calmer out there in recent years.

The FS LEO is the one that could write a book. I was riding along with him one night during Thanksgiving doe days. We came around a corner and two guys were standing up in the back of a truck. One with a spotlight, the other with a rifle. He pulled them over and asked them what they were doing. In broken english, "Deer hunting". All four occupants were here illegally and thought it was okay to night hunt.

Originally posted by XBOW STALKER View Post
                Is the rut over in wise county?
                No. I've alway had my best luck hunting around Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by XBOW STALKER View Post
                  Made my way out for a allday weekday sit. Seen 2 doe.
                  The woods are stirring...
                  I've got the place to myself. Figured there would be folks out with it being Thanksgiving week.
                  Hunted yesterday AM. Buddy saw six does. I had a doe at 4-5 yards, hunting on the ground. Really cool. Wish it was a doe day. Back at it this weekend. I'm sure there won't be many people out (lol).

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                    Hunted yesterday AM. Buddy saw six does. I had a doe at 4-5 yards, hunting on the ground. Really cool. Wish it was a doe day. Back at it this weekend. I'm sure there won't be many people out (lol).
                    Gonna hopefully get a doe this evening or the big buck i am after at my house adjacent from the grasslands.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

That boy been fightin’

Comment

Good luck.
                        Go getem quickstrike

Comment

That boy been fightin’

Here are a couple more bucks.

Comment

Good for you. So you are able to hunt on or off the LBJ, and quickly.

Nice set up.

Comment

Good for you. So you are able to hunt on or off the LBJ, and quickly.

Nice set up.

Thank you 10 years ago i told myself i would own a farm somewhere around the grasslands and 6 months ago with my newlywed wifes help we purchased 11.5 acres in alvord.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
                                Thank you 10 years ago i told myself i would own a farm somewhere around the grasslands and 6 months ago with my newlywed wifes help we purchased 11.5 acres in alvord.

That’s fantastic. Goal achieved!

Comment

Working...
                                X