Tikka T3 rifle vs Browning A-bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-BOLT all the way Baby!!!

No offense to the Tikka lovers out there, but Tikka just feels cheap and plasticy to me.

Todd

Comment

I've got the T3 lite in 300 WSM, put a Limb saver recoil pad and a muzzle break-kicks like a .243 now! Great gun.

Comment

Own 30-06 tikka t3 lite bought after my savage had been stolen big kick difference. Lb and 1/2 in weight makes big difference. Tikka kicks like mule 150 grain and above!

Comment

I have never shot the T3 but I have a Tikka M55 in 308 and its an awesome gun but by far the my favorite is my Browning A-bolt in .270. The Tikka has been in the safe and I havent shot it in over 12 years. The browning A bolt is the better choice for me.

Comment

Have a- bolts in 270 and 300mag. Both with bosses. My wife uses the 270. It kicks less than my ar15. Tack driver. Very very accurate. 300mag also very accurate and not much recoil.

Never shot a tikka

Comment

I have an a-bolt in .308. Its a tack driver and has no recoil. Never shot a tikka. Would recommend to try to find one you can shoot and see which one feels better to you.

Comment

I have a tikka t3 in .308 and I would definitely recommend one.

Comment

browning x bolt only way to go imo

Comment

Originally posted by hogbuster View Post
                    browning x bolt only way to go imo
                    Actually, another good choice. Either a 25-06 or 7mm wsm will probably be the next gun I buy.

Comment

I have both in .270. My SS stalker has been with me many years, nothing bad to say about it. I shoot very hot handloads in it and recoil is fine.
                      I bought my then 14 yr old son the Tikka T3 Lite in .270. It's the tack driver as everybody states, and that's w/ hornaday factory loads. I would think the T3 Lite in a bigger cal. could kick pretty good.

Comment

I've never owned a Tikka, but I own and have owned a few A-Bolts. I had a stainless Stalker in .270 w/Boss system........That thing was a tack driver ! I worked up a load to get the velocity that I wanted and then started dialing in the Boss system...........The group in the pic is 5 shots at 100 yds.....and I pulled the 5th shot.....thats why it's not just one ragged hole. I have never owned a bad Browning rifle.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Tikka felt cheap, was not smooth (tried 4 different rifles off the shelf), and tolerances were off. Left a lot to be desired.

Browning A bolt was smooth, everything worked as it should, would have no problems expecting it to last a lifetime.

While I ended up choosing a Ruger, I would not hesitate to recommend a Browning, but I wouldn't say the same for Tikka. When I started out looking, I was pretty much convinced the Tikka was my next rifle, until I had one in my hands.....the rifle itself showed me I need to look elsewhere.

Comment

Both are good. If you get the Browning, skip the BOSS, gimmicky.

Comment

I have a Tikka T3 and a Sako M 85. The actions on both are ultra smooth and they both shoot better than I could ever shoot them. Some people don't like the plastic parts on the Tikka, but the guns are manufactured in the same factory by the same people that make the Sako. If you don't want plastic parts, get a Sako. I found that most things I read about these guns was true. I got my Sako at Cabela's for a very good price and it is the best gun I have ever owned.

Comment

I have the Timma and love it! extremely smooth bolt...AWESOME rifle...stuck a zeiss 3-9x40 on it!

Comment

Working...
                                X