Christmas Eve up in smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Eve up in smoke

So there we were visiting fellow TBR Rileydog’s Christmas Eve service when my 3 yr old who was sitting in my lap and insisted on having a candle for the candlelight portion, moved bit too quick and in one fell motion moved the candle into the path of her swinging pony tail!

Her hair caught fire

It felt like an enternity and as if I was moving in slow motion, but I was able to snuff it out before much more than the tips were singed.

Sorry Chris for leaving your sanctuary smelling like an Old Testament sacrifice alter, what with the stench of singed hair and all!

This will be a Christmas memory we won’t soon forget!

Wow glad she’s ok.

Comment

Glad she's ok. My accident prone 5 year old had me nervous in service this morning for this exact reason. Finally she asked me to hold it.

Comment

Glad that didn't turn out worse.

Comment

Oh man! Glad everyone and everything is safe. Hair will grow back and time will take care of the smell.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad she's okay.
            That is a very distinctive odor for sure.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad everyone is ok.

Comment

When my wife and I were dating we were at a family Christmas party and she was wearing a fuzzy Christmas sweater. There were lit candles on the table. During the prayer the fuzz on her sweater caught fire and in a microsecond this huge ball of fire ran straight up her sleeve to her hair! It just singed her but it was extremely fast and bright. Scary at the time but hilarious now. No one hurt.

Comment

Glad she's OK, this will become a hilarious Christmas story for your family.

Comment

Working...
                  X