No announcement yet.

AR-15 $2G budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know about all the others, but Larue rifles don't leave Leander unless they can shoot 1" groups. Most all of the others are mil-spec, or 4".

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      I just did a little shopping for some things I didn't even need.....thanks a lot!!!!
      Same here...

Comment

Rock River custom, with a Magpul and vortex attachments!

Comment

If you want something a little different and Texas made check out F1 Firearms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
          Attached Files

Comment

1 more of my F1 ARs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
              Really. What kind of groups you getting at 100 yards?
              3-4 inches the one time I shot one at the range. But I don't have 30 round magazines and holographic sights to poke holes in paper, I use them for maximum pig killin as uncle Ted would say. I also enjoy plinking around the ranch at varmints and dumping mags as a stress reliever.

I guess my point is that even if PSA,DMPS or M&P's really were somehow inferior, would 1-3 inch variance at 100 yards really make a difference in this type of weapon?

Comment

I'd buy a fairly cheap lower and get a good trigger to put in it. Then I'd put a LWRC or YHM upper on it. That's what my brother did with his 6.8 and it's a heck of a shooter. Shooting the brass on an empty shotgun shell at 100 yards is easy with that setup.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieB View Post
                  3-4 inches the one time I shot one at the range. But I don't have 30 round magazines and holographic sights to poke holes in paper, I use them for maximum pig killin as uncle Ted would say. I also enjoy plinking around the ranch at varmints and dumping mags as a stress reliever.

I guess my point is that even if PSA,DMPS or M&P's really were somehow inferior, would 1-3 inch variance at 100 yards really make a difference in this type of weapon?
                  They aren't inferior, they're mil-spec. They're not precision 500 year rifles.

In summary, i agree with you.

Comment

I agree with mesquitecountry. I built two AR's this year and spent right at $1100 before optics. Got all the parts (except the stripped lowers) from PSA. I've only shot one of them so far, but it shoots great out to 100 yards. I went this route because; A) I wanted an AR but didn't want to spend a lot for as little as I get to shoot, and B) I like to build stuff.

And PSA has some great daily specials that roll around. I've been jumping on the bulk ammo with the PMAGS as well. Those are some decent deals.

Comment

If you shop carefully and don't mind buying used you can find your larue or noveske for under 2k in classifieds on Ar15.com or snipershide. Personally I've always bought an assembled upper and put together my own lower pretty simple to do. Best of luck in your search. If I had your kind of budget I'm sure I would be looking further at the upper tier of rifles.

Comment

You can get an LWRC piston ride for that budget. Its a sweet rifle.....

Comment

you just need reliable. If Trump wins, you may need it Tuesday night !

Comment

Just stumbled upon this website
                            . They still have 42 in stock. You wont see them for $500 much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Solocam84 View Post
                              Imo. Build your own.
                              That is what I tend to do.

Comment

FatBoy Tactical has good deal on AR parts. They are in OK so you get them in the mail fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X