AR-15 $2G budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
    Guess I'll be checking out palmetto state armory when I get home. Advice is what I came for, I guess should listen to it.

Sign up for their daily deal emails. Then when you see something you like buy. If you want to stash some lowers away jump on them when they are cheap and have them shipped to your local FFL. That will be the regulated item that could be potentially banned (though I doubt an AWB is on the horizon), even if that corrupt liar got into office.

Buy 4-5 complete lowers at 170 bucks a piece and you will be set for life and you will not lose money on your investment. Then when you see an ar upper you like jump on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If your looking at the $1500 DD you also might consider the LWRC IC-DI, the gas key is machined into the BCG rather than "bolted" and "staked"

Comment

Daniel defense
        Bravo company
        Sig Sauer
        PWS
        LMT
        LWRC

All quality brands

But you are better off building your own. Plus it's more fun.

Comment

Listen to Mesquitecountry.
          You can also buy a Colt LE6920 then stock up on ammo. I have an Aero build and it is solid as a rock.

------------------------------------

Violence never settles anything.
          -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Larue Tactical or PWS Mod 1. You can get a PredatAR brand new for $1807.00 and a PWS for $1599. If you do go with PWS, get the Mod 1 that has the forward assist. You will not be disappointed and have zero regrets.

Comment

Colt or rock river are good options as well, they also leave room for ammo bulk buy

Comment

I have 3 Palmetto AR's.... and all three of them shoot just as well as a spikes or a DD. I think they are great weapons. also own a DPMS that is great.

If you are spending over 800 on a rifle, you are way overspending. A 500 dollar rifle with a nice ACOG or EOTech shoots better than a 1200 gun with a cheep *** sight because you blew your load on the rifle itself.

Just my .02

Comment

AR-15 $2G budget

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                  I understand what you are saying, but just the feel of the $800 rifle felt like a plastic piece of chinga if you know what I'm saying. I pick up the $1500 DD and it felt like a freaking rifle man. I don't know, I always believe you get what you pay for

If I ever have to use it for more than pig hunting I want to know I can rely on it being durable.

Get what YOU want brother. At the end of the day, that gun is no fun if you wanted something sexier. You can take a fat girl to the prom and still get lucky but wouldn't you rather take a bombshell and not have to hide her from your buddies?

DDM4 V9 pictured.

Comment

larue

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                      Get what YOU want brother. At the end of the day, that gun is no fun if you wanted something sexier. You can take a fat girl to the prom and still get lucky but wouldn't you rather take a bombshell and not have to hide her from your buddies?

DDM4 V9 pictured.

My mouth is watering!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieB View Post
                        I have 3 Palmetto AR's.... and all three of them shoot just as well as a spikes or a DD. I think they are great weapons. also own a DPMS that is great.

If you are spending over 800 on a rifle, you are way overspending. A 500 dollar rifle with a nice ACOG or EOTech shoots better than a 1200 gun with a cheep *** sight because you blew your load on the rifle itself.

Just my .02
                        Really. What kind of groups you getting at 100 yards?

Comment

Daniel Defense is Best Buy for the money! Very accurate, well built, great barrel, likes a suppressor too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
                            Really. What kind of groups you getting at 100 yards?

Battle rifles aren't built for groups. But I get what you are saying. That's what the OP should ask him self. Do you want to shoot clover leafs or deliver lead? If you want both you should spend a little more money. A little.

------------------------------------

Violence never settles anything.
                            -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                              Go to palmettostatearmory.com and order two ar's with awesome scopes and add Timney or CMC triggers and add a thousand rounds of ammo instead of spending 2k on one gun.

I honestly don't know why people are still spending more than 800 bucks on an AR complete with optics anymore.

I just did a little shopping for some things I didn't even need.....thanks a lot!!!!

Comment

Check out F1 AR

Comment

Working...
                                X