Got bit by a black widow!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dccytclr View Post
    Well after a few days and some pain I feel safe to say that Im ok. I got bit at 5:15 am on friday and til Sunday night I had back spasms off and on. My abs cramped off and on as well. The area of the bite has a clammy feel to it. It is kinda cold compared to the rest of my leg and foot, and a sweaty/sticky feel to it. Im figuring that in the next week it the skin will start to peel and be nasty, but I sure hope not. Any way watch for spiders and be careful. FYI I killed 4 more BWs before the weekend was over!
    Glad to hear that you're doing better. You might want to follow up with a visit to your family doctor if you have one. He might be able to keep that bite area from getting worse. Just a suggestion...

Comment

You might also look into some bombs or some kind of repellent to set off in the cabin. It sounds to me if you are seeing that many, there might be more bites down the road.

Glad to hear you are doing better.

Comment

Good to hear you are ok. This past weekend, I was working on a PTO shaft for the tractor and happen to look inside shield right next to the coupler that connects to the tractor and there was a black widow. I feel very lucky I happend to have seen the spider before sticking my hand there to hook it to the tractor.

This was all very strange because I had just had a dream the night before about the black widow spider I had killed a year earlier in the shed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          how bad did you smash it ? beyond recognition ?

here is a black widow pic as the red mark (hour glass shape) , and shiny round black abdomen gives it away

brown recluse , another "bad boy"

wolf spider ... friendly

Thanks for the pics...I don't think I'll sleep tonight. I hate spiders.

Comment

Glad everything turned ok. There were three of us that got spider bit at Summerville last summer. None of us knew we were bit until a few days later and a large knot (golf ball size) developed. My son had called and said his girl friend and another friend had been to the doctor for spider bites and I told him I was at the doctor with one too. We had all been sitting at the same picnic table the night before we left and figured that was the common denominator. Everybody was bit on the bottom of the forearm were your arm would rest on the table. No one remembered getting bit probably just figured an ant or bug when it happened. All the bites had to be cut out and drained for a couple weeks with antibiotics. Have no idea what kind of spider. Been in the woods all my life and never nothing like this. No one got sick just a nasty bite.

Comment

Originally posted by genevieve View Post
              thats just what i want in my house, horny, poisonous spiders.
              lmao!!!

Comment

Pm you...

Comment

Working...
                X