Chl ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cam-Mac View Post
    Lol. Most of what has been posted so far is not true- which is typical of the chl threads.

There is no exclusion of "kiddie league" in the penal code. If it is not a high school, college, or pro event, (or UIL event), i would not worry about it unless it is posted. If the event is school sponsored, you are not allowed to carry there.

It is not up to the discretion of the reverend of the church. If the church is posted, you cannot carry. If the church is not posted, you can carry. (He may be the one that decides if it is posted or not, but it must be posted to limit chl access).

As far as the 120 day amusement park opinion- that is not in the penal code anywhere. You are allowed to carry at an amusement park unless it is posted, simple as that.

As far as the instructor saying "they havent updated the regs yet", he would be dead wrong about that. They ARE updated to reflect these changes. He obviously is just too lazy to look in the handbook, which is bad mojo because that is what he should be teaching. They are there, i promise. Curious what else he is teaching if he didnt even get that right...
    He needs to look at PC SS46.035(i), it explains it very clearly.

Philip- to answer your question... If the gym is not posted, you can carry there imo.
    I appologize. You are correct in the removal of amusement parks per (b) (5). My misinformation...
    Last edited by WCB; 05-07-2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

And if a place doesn't have a 30.06 posted and you enter then are told no guns allowed and you don't leave you then have broken the law. 30.06 only allows you to legally enter the establishment...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
        Well if we are going to talk misinformation then lets start with amusement parks. PC 46.035 list amusement parks where prohibited as permanent indoor/outdoor, in a county of 1 million or more, at least 75 acres, controlled access, open more than 120 days and with security guards...
        Some of y'all really need to read the laws instead of spewing misinformation.
        Thanks for the post. Saved me the trouble of finding it.

Comment

And if a place doesn't have a 30.06 posted and you enter then are told no guns allowed and you don't leave you then have broken the law. 30.06 only allows you to legally enter the establishment...
          Criminal Trespassing if I'm not mistaken

Comment

I appologize. You are correct in the removal of amusement parks per (b) (5). My misinformation...
            You are talking about the "definition" of amusement park, according to the penal code. Of course that is important.

We are talking about whether or not an amusement park has to be posted or not. Two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by kikn View Post
              Thanks for the post. Saved me the trouble of finding it.
              I have sent cam-Mac an apology as I misinformed. The definition of an amusement park was correct but the requirement that a 30.06 now has to be posted is correct. I knew a church and hospital had been removed from a place you could not carry but forgot about the amusement park.
              My mistake
              Last edited by WCB; 05-07-2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I'm going to have to stop posting from my phone on such subjects. Apparently i left out qingdao details and qualifying/disqualifying items for carrying on certain properties..

i shouldn't have implied that it is up to the discretion of the reverend. I should have started it was up to his discretion whether or not to put up a30.06 sign preventing you from carrying.

Also i was lazy on the amusement park. What qualifies the state fair from preventing you from carrying there I'd the 120 day rule. And BTW there it's a special line for CHL holders to go through, do not go in through the normal line look for the one marked for CHL usually at the front main entrance.

And of course six flags meets all of the requirements that automatically prevent you from carrying the premises, and that includes the parking lot if I'm not mistaken, as well.

Comment

Cam-Mac is correct. Everything is in the code. Read it for yourself, don't ask for opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude View Post
                    Cam-Mac is correct. Everything is in the code. Read it for yourself, don't ask for opinions.
                    I wasn't asking for an opinion on other things that have been stated in this thread because I already know my CHL laws but wasn't sure about Rec Gym where the league played in. Some of response were off topic and irrelevant to my question when I asked mine.

I always look for 30.06 signage, if there's none, I carry it in. I know my 51% sign and other things very well because this is my third year of carrying. I was merely asking about the leagues in a Rec Gym.

As any other thread, there's bound to be misinformation handed out even myself in the past, which I've stopped giving out until I know my facts first.

Comment

Working...
                    X