Gearhead Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gearhead Archery

Dave Watson was diehard Mathews forever and "switched" to Gearhead Archery a couple or so years ago. I know I'm usually late to the party but now I see that Roger Raglin has "switched" to Gearhead Archery. Has anyone on the GS actually used, held, or shot one of these 10 inch bows?? JK about the 10 inches of course but dang....

Yes. Garbage imo

Switched = dropped by sponsor but I'm pretty sure you know that.
    Last edited by Fishndude; 07-29-2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Yes. Garbage imo

Yeah. Hence the quotation marks..."switched".

Comment

I had never heard of them so I had to check it out. As a Mathews shooter I'm offended by how much more their bows look like waffles than mine.

Comment

Yes. Garbage imo

I'd be embarrassed to pull that out of the case.

Comment

Been shooting a Bowtech 82nd Airborne for several years and have enjoyed it. I was walking by the trailer at TTHA for gearhead, and decided to stop and take a look....i was intrigued by their design and then i decided to shoot one. I was so impressed i decided to order one.

There were 2 brothers in front of me waiting to shoot one, they were both talking about how they just bought Halons....after they shot the Gearhead they both decided to buy one and sell their Halons....True Story. The guy that invested in the company started laughing when they said they would take 2 of them....

I haven't been excited about buying a new bow but after shooting this one (T20, 60lbs) i got excited.
            I think once they pick up a some dealers in Texas they will catch on. One of the Engineers and one of the guys that financed the company were answering questions, they had a good story and from what i could tell a very interesting product and design.
            The reason i decided to buy was after the arrow was released, it was like I hadn't shot it, I'm not sure what the bow term would be but (recoil) is the only word that comes to mind.
            Last but not least i shot the Aluminum and Carbon didn't really feel any difference for the cost and only losing about 8 oz's in weight. For some reason there isn't much about them on Youtube, but the guys in Hawaii really like them and that one video of him crushing the target at 75 yds, looked pretty convincing to me about accuracy.
            Hopefully i am making a wise investment on a Bow since I haven't bought one in a long time, except for my recurves!
            I shoot at my home and behind my office, if you want to try it, come by the office.
            And no I'm not in the Bow business, I'm in the money business...my point being is this not a commercial, but i do think they deserve a fair shake on something that is a little bit revolutionary and got the attention of a typical skeptic.
            If you get a chance to shoot one, you should try it.

Comment

I just shot one yesterday for the first time a 24 inch version. I have a turbo carbon hoyt now and I can tell you that it will be my back up bow.. I live a few miles from CCA so I get to shoot new bows pretty ease as they get them in .. Dont get me wrong I like many other bows.

The size of this bow is amazing. the pull is very light for the poundage you pull.

And in a tree or blind no more worrys about branches or how or where you sit , super light.. And its extremely quiet to shoot .. Whats not to like about it ??

Comment

Where did you go to shoot one yesterday?

Comment

Where did you go to shoot one yesterday?

In my shop my buddy bought one.. I had never gotten the chance before this . JUST blown away .

He is working to be a dealer as he went to Missouri to get his .. He brought back a booklet on the bows for me . And I spent a hour shooting it .. I really did not want to give it up.. HA HA

If your interested he has a shop in GP .. Super cool guy I am sure he would let you check it out.. He is a RV repair owner by day .. Pm me with your number I will see what he says

Comment

Can go up to 34" DL with the custom release. No more 4" D-loops needed
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Extended release aid.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	24527880

Comment

Myself do not use that type of release .. in fact I had to use his yesterday and it felt so weird .. I have a spot hog and carter thumb style but I am only a 28 draw. However on his at 29 and his wrist deal I was closer to 30.. and it still did not feel like I was stiff armed ???

Comment

Yes. Garbage imo

Will you elaborate on the "garbage" comment? Is it a design flaw, cheap materials or something else?

Comment

I like some aesthetic appeal to my bow, and that right there rules out Gearhead. It may be the greatest bow on earth, but I can't shoot something that looks like it was constructed by a 10 year old with an erector set. To each his own, but not for me.

Comment

Looks like an erector set on steroids

Comment

HA HA what it looks like ?? Who cares its a tool nothing more . Do you think I care what my snap on wrench looks like ?? Or better yet I get guys that want me to build their performance harley engine with a pipe " that looks good " performance aside makes no sense .

Comment

Working...
                              X