Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you (non-LEOs) have dashcams in your vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear it on my middle finger while driving.
    A new concept idea for a smaller more natural camera - This ring camera will allow you to take photos of your every day life and browse them on a tablet.

Comment

I recall about 2 or 3 years ago a cement truck ran a red light in College Station and was T-boned. The mixer came off, almost hitting a minivan with the dash cam. Pretty wild to see it, but the cement truck driver swore he did not run the red light. It was one person's word against another until the mini-van driver showed the video.

Comment

I do it because I used to ride motorcycles. I had two motorcycles and no car. Only car we had was my wife's car. I hated driving. Anyway, back to the question. I record because it's a habit that carried over from all my years of riding. I've caught some pretty cool stuff while riding and some funny footage as well. It's mainly for insurance purposes. I have the GoPro3 White and Silver Edition and the new GoPro5 Black.

Comment

Nope, not me. The last thing I want is another self induced electronic babysitter.

Comment

I am forced to have on in my company truck. I mainly set it off by braking too hard but big bumps will set it off, turning too fast ect. I hate it, it "records" all the time but if you have an "event" it will capture the previous 30 seconds and the next 30 seconds. it uploads every night at 2am.

It does have a manual option and I have used it a couple times when I think something cool is about to happen but ive never caught anything.

I set it off one time hitting it with my cap trying to swat at a bee in the truck.

Comment

I have mixed feelings with this and GPS tracking technology. They could work in your favor just as quickly as they could be used against you.

Comment

It seems like having one would create one more reason for a dirt bag to break in to my truck???

Comment

I am going to get them placed on my truck and the wives car. you can have them hardwired in and to start when you turn on the vehicle and they turn off when you turn off you car. You can not argue with a video of proof. Plus it is a reminder to not drive like a jack you know what!

Comment

I have one in my work vehicle, because I had a guy call in and say, I attempted to run him off the road, it was clear he was driving on the shoulder and through a merge lane cutting folks off, I won..!!!!! and my vehicle has company marking all over..

Comment

Working...
                    X